Upgrades to the forum

Have something you would like to see on this web site. Something you don't like? Maybe you are having trouble using the forums. Ask here, or email <a href="mailto:webmaster@hartparroliver.org"> webmaster@hartparroliver.org </a>for help.

Upgrades to the forum

Postby Former admin Chris L » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 pm

Hello everybody.

I have some upgrades I want to make to the forum, and plan on doing so in the near future. I will try to do it late at night, so as not to interfere with the normal operations of the site. It shouldn't take long, but just in case something doesn't work like I planned, don't be surprised if the forum is down for a short time.

Two of the upgrades I plan to install:
Attachments. This will allow you to add a picture to your post without having it stored somewhere else on the internet.

Calendar. This one is pretty much self explanatory.

I'll see how those go before I tackle any more.

Also, if you'll take notice, we have had numerous "visitors" in the recent past. Most of these are actually automated hacker programs trying to hack the forum. So far, the updates I have installed are holding them off. But just in case, I have been making frequent backups so the site can be restored quickly in the event of a serious hack.

Thanks
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Wrenchbender » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:59 pm

Thanks Chris,

Those sound like good updates. I had noticed the large # of visitors and wondered about automated hackers.

Keep up the good work!
John
Wrenchbender

test

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:41 am

I'm testing to make sure this works ok
Attachments
770.JPG
770 Cockshutt
770.JPG (139.62 KiB) Viewed 6679 times
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:18 am

Looks like we now have attachments. If anybody has any trouble, please let me know so I can fix it.

Thanks
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Return to Site Comments and Suggestions Forum