Oliver 351 Bar mower

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

Oliver 351 Bar mower

Postby lfi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello. I own a 351 bar mower, and need to replace some parts. Long story I won't get into but need following pieces: knife head 504757E; knife bearing block 504728ES ; 504749EW is the bar ( I suspect I can make one of these from the other green work); and 504758E head spring. These numbers are from a 351 Cockshutt book, but I am confident they are the same as the Oliver. Appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or whatever from all with an idea. Thanks
lfi

Re: Oliver 351 Bar mower

Postby super99 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:30 pm

I don't know where you are from, no Agco dealers nearby?? Call Jerry Stair at Ag Parts First. His website is mostly tractor parts, but if you call and talk to Jerry, he can get just about any part you need. Might try Shoup parts, lots of mower parts are interchangeable with other brands. If either of these don't have parts or can't get them, ask them if they know where you can get them. Might try Kelsam Salvage in Waterloo, Ia. I don't have his number handy, but if you google salvage yards in Iowa, I think he is listed there. Lots of machinery parts as well as tractor parts. Good Luck, Chris
Chris Koehler
super99

Re: Oliver 351 Bar mower

Postby lfi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will follow up. I have checked local Agco, including a couple of old time Oliver and then White dealers here in Central Illinois. Response I got from both was "I know exactly which part you are looking for, but haven't a clue where you might find one". Again, Thank you for the excellent suggestions . Will report back in with results.
lfi

Return to Oliver Forum