WooHoo

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

WooHoo

Postby 995Lugmatic » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:34 pm

Ask and you shall receive! I thought this Misc. Forum would be a good idea. So here is my first question and its an oddball. Does anyone here have any Gibson tractors? We have a model I which was the biggest one. Supposedly the front ends on them were notorious for breaking. Ours too is broken and i was wondering if anyone knew of one...or of a substitute piece? I think ours has a JD piece under it know, but it doesnt work just right. Anyone?
995Lugmatic

Gibson

Postby Frank Dodson » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:40 am

Just happen to think of an article on gGibsons in July-Aug. Antique Power. The man to contact is Jim Stengel at 303-484-7231 or jmstengel@juno.com I have been looking at a Farmall Cub but felt guilty so it solid Oliver folks will get a Gibson I think I will get the Cub.:D:D
Frank Dodson

Postby 995Lugmatic » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:07 pm

Thanks Frank;)
995Lugmatic

Postby 995Lugmatic » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:10 pm

Oh, and Frank...go ahead and get the Cub. Just dont get carried away on that red business!:P
995Lugmatic

in your area

Postby Tlmkr » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:24 am

Funny you should mention the front ends of Gibsons being weak as the first on I ever saw was sitting in someones yard on Highway # before you get into Chester Il. it had rear wheels and tires and the front ws sitting on blocks! Weird the little things you remember and think of as humourous huh?

Oh I read where your from. I live right smack in between ya'll in Dresden, Tn. Frank, you were at Atwood with a 550 I think? You did hear about Billy McKnight dieing in a car wreck didn't you? bad to hear as he was a really good fella. Had the JD D at Atwood and talked from the time he got there till after he left :)
Tlmkr

Billy

Postby Frank Dodson » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:01 am

You are right that I do have the 550 and also the 75 lawn tractor. I have a lot of fun at the Atwood show. The tractor collecting community of West TN has had a rough year. First Bill Belue who had several tractors at Atwood died suddenly July 5th. You may remember he usually had the JD LI and the 2N with the steel bolt ons. Second Junior Maness was burned critically in Sept. and is still at the Med. He may be transferred to Jackson General by months end. He usually showed the AC G, Farmall F12 and a MM. Now we have lost Billy. All these people meant a lot to West TN collectors. I hope and pray that Junior will be able to get back to showing. Billy had a neat rig with the pedal tractors bolted on top of the trailer.
Frank Dodson

Return to Miscellaneous Forum