Hello from Michigan

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Hello from Michigan

Postby Osly71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Just wanted to say hello, newbie here from the Jackson Michigan area wishing i would have found this site earlier. What a great place for Oliver people. I have a 1942 Oliver 60 rowcrop that I am in love with. I just picked it up this past fall. Bought it right off its original farm and am the lucky second owner. It was bought new from the Oliver dealer in Adrian Michigan, Arnos Farm Supply in 41-42 and was the first tractor on the families farm. I was lucky enough to hear a few stories from the son about him learning to drive that tractor at the age of 8, all the work they did with it, and the time they drove it through the back of the barn. Just happened to find a hand crank for her today, what a job that was. I never thought i could get so excited about finding an original hand crank for my Ollie, made many a phone call all over the U.S. Would like to find an original seat for it next, Mine has the after market knoedler seat and I just dont like the look of it, although everyone says its much more comfortable. So if anyone knows where there might be one for sale, PLEASE let me know! Are there any other Michiganders round here?
Osly71

Postby calvin innes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Welcome to Oliver Land"! There are lots of good folks on here and a great deal of knowledge. There are quite a few people from Michigan on here and they have some great Olivers. I have been out through Mi. several times and enjoyed it every time. ....I am in Maine. I have a few Olivers also and it is tuff to say which is my favorite. I guess it depends on what I am doing. Mower and snow thrower it is the 1850... hands down. Cultivating, it is the super 77. Planting corn or potatoes, it is the Super 66 For the heavy lifting I have the 2655. I have a 770 that I have not done much with as yet and that came off of the farm where it was originally bought. I sort of hated to take it off the farm where it had been all it's life.
What will you be doing with your tractor?
Cal
calvin innes

Postby oleblu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Osly71, WELCOME ABOARD. Don't forget the HPOCA Summer Show will be in Kalamazoo, MI June 22, 23, 24, 2012. All the details are at www.hpocasummershow.com
oleblu

Postby Donald Lehman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 am

Welcome!

Have a 1946 vintage 60 myself with a two row cultivator. Great little tractors.
Donald G. Lehman
Donald Lehman

michiganers

Postby Jeff_S » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi there. I live west of you in Springport, I grew up with olivers, now the only oliver equip I have is a 4240 plow, I use it to plow 20 acres a year to replace hay fields. It works great on 5-7 year old sod , It's only tripped once in 10 years and I had to use the backhoe to bury the bolder where it landed...
Jeff_S

Return to Miscellaneous Forum