Iowa show

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Iowa show

Postby calvin innes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Gee! Did the Oliver show in Iowa take place? I have been waiting patiently for someone to post pictures for this ol' stick-in-the-mud who did not go to the Iowa show. Sitting here hoping for pictures, I feel like the little kid waiting for Christmas morning to arrive.
Anyone remember to take a camera? Were there any Hart Parr 70's? Was the weather good? Did the dancin' girls show up? What other machines were there? Any interesting implements? .......... I gotta know! :wink:
Stick in the mud,
Cal
calvin innes

Postby Jordan Hackman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:46 pm

we didn't bring a camera but we did bring a video camera. there were plenty of 70s there. the weather was ok for most of the show. i don't think there were any dancing girls but i was only there for a day. for interesting imp. there were around 8 fwa olivers a cocksutt 1250, one of three made, plus a really rare 80 wide front rowcrop diesel. there were also four 1655 fwa, two oliver one cocksutt, and one MM. plenty of orchards and hi-cros too. overall you missed a good show.
Jordan Hackman

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:43 am

Sorry to keep you waiting Cal. I took over 500 pictures, I just need to go through them and put some on here.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby calvin innes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Hey Chris,
No real hurry. I figured you would have plenty and get to them in time. It sure seems to be a busy summer. I just got in from Presque Isle, Maine.(140 miles from here) The Tractor Supply store had invited the local antique tractor club to display tractors for the day. ... 69 showed up! I had 2 Olivers and there were plenty more , plus a little Cletrac/OC-3-68.
It was a pleasant day for all.
Honest, don't rush to do the pictures. I just hadn't heard much here about the show was all. Thanks!
Cal
calvin innes

Mt Pleasant Photos

Postby hart70octaneparr » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:15 pm

6 hours from Milwaukee would have been a tough drive.

Waiting for the photos.

Built up a lot of seat time on an HP70 in my teens (the early '60's).

See you all in Madison...!
I'd trade my tomorrows for a piece of yesterday...
hart70octaneparr

Postby calvin innes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:18 am

Hey Chris!
Nice pictures! And a lot of 'em! ... over 6oo. Yikes! I have stopped at #297 and will continue soon but have been occupied with tractor work for a neighbor and it has turning out to be full time for me, who is retired and approaching geezerhood.
Thanks for posting them. .... I even saw pictures of the dancin' girls! Yahoo!
You made my day! 8)
Cal
calvin innes

Postby hz333dc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:11 am

plus a really rare 80 wide front rowcrop diesel. there were also four 1655 fwa, two oliver one cocksutt, and one MM. plenty of orchards and hi-cros too. overall you missed a good show

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andromeda Seasons 1-5 tv series on dvd box set
Andromeda Seasons 1-5 tv series on dvd
Andromeda Seasons 1-5 tv series dvd box set
Last edited by hz333dc on Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
hz333dc

Return to Miscellaneous Forum