Hey ya'll!

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Hey ya'll!

Postby 1949MMUTU » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Hey everyone I am new to this forum. I will tell you a little bout myself. First I am a Junior at Margaretta High School and a PROUD member of the Margaretta FFA Chapter. I am also a avid photographer, hunter, fisherman, and trapper. I took over my familys farm and currently have started my own farm, not only as a FFA project but I hope as a life long part-time job. I farm about 3 acres of vegetables and the remaining 50 acres is in grain I hope to eventually expand that as well into vegetables as I expand my buisness. This year was my first season on my own. I am going to go to Northwestern Tech in Lima for Ag Mechanics, and heavy diesel. I am a gear head I am always rebuilding or fixing something. I read constantly to expand my knowledge. I just finished restoring my 1949 MM UTU, I will post pics. I love talking tractors and trains. I am a model railroader I model the Pennsylvania RR in HO scale during the 1960's. I also play guitar. We have a Farmall M and H, also we have a Oliver 66 and 88, finally we have a MM UTU and Farmall Cub. I am young and full of questions I'm sure I can keep you guys busy. Mike
Nothing Runs Like A Deere Besides A Bad @$$ Minneapolis-Moline.
1949MMUTU

Postby Former admin Chris L » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Welcome aboard Mike. I think we need a few more young guys around here to keep the conversations going.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby edchainsaw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:47 pm

yes we do need young in's but we also need the old people that are on here to talk.... it will not kill anyone thats a LURKER.. to type a HI once in a while!
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby calvin innes » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Welcome,
If you love tractors and railroads, you should have attended the big Oliver show over the Labor Day weekend out in Pennsylvania.
There were over a thousand tractors, 400 of which were Oliver and they also had an operating steam locomotive. I walked for two days and really didn't see it all.
My son graduated from high school in 2005 and had been in the FFA. The students met after school once a week and restored a Farmall H.... boy! was that ever a basket case when they started and they turned it into a really cool tractor.
What vegetables do you raise and what do you do with them?
Good to see you come aboard,
Cal
calvin innes

Postby 1949MMUTU » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:39 am

This is my first season totally on my own, but I grow sweetcorn, pumpkins, and tomatoes, I am sell them to local stores and at my roadside stand. I am also testing the waters in peppers and melons, as well as popcorn. Mike
Nothing Runs Like A Deere Besides A Bad @$$ Minneapolis-Moline.
1949MMUTU

Return to Miscellaneous Forum