The Officially Unofficial Winter Project Thread

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Postby edchainsaw » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

ok update!!!! so far this winter:
the super 77 finally came home after 4yrs

the Money pit 77 was Stuck when we went to start it thursday. :(

the 1655 would not start or run proper after starting even with the new injector pump and injectors, actus like out of time or something.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby Jordan Hackman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:55 pm

we have too many projects that need to be done. hopefully we get our 80 standard done. then depending on what we want to do we probably will get our fleetline 77 diesel and gas standard painted and tuned up. then either the 18-27 or our fleetline 88 diesel standard. then off to the super 66 or 880 both diesels. plus if we feel like we will probably buy my grandpas 1900. as you can see we got a lot to do.
Jordan Hackman

Postby Jordan Hackman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:16 am

i also forgot we have a 18 combine to fix up to along with other pieces of equipment.
Jordan Hackman

Postby smallfish » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:31 am

That sits here on the kitchen table and will be todays project shortly. I also found that the hydraulic oil in the little 1255 was way overfilled.... turns out it had a lot of water in it so drained out and replaced all that. I cleaned the filter too.

Buy World of Warcraft Gold Buying WoW Gold
smallfish

Postby Donald Lehman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 am

Purchased a bunch of Oliver machinery from my fathers estate, all of which needs repairs. Am nearing retirement within the next year and between the machinery fixups and the honeydo list I figure I've got enough to keep me busy for about 40 years------------------------- :wink:
Donald G. Lehman
Donald Lehman

Winter Project

Postby calvin innes » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 am

So the latest winter project is coming to a close. I had gotten a 3 point hitch 4-bottom Oliver plow several years ago and hadn't had the time to work on it 'til now. I have sort of worked it in with the spring sugaring season. (Sugaring has finally wrapped up for the season.)Today, I hope to paint it.
I don't know what model it is. It has a square support beam running the length of it, a rubber tire mounted on the side for depth control, and a tall lever to adjust the pitch of the lift arms. If anyone has any guesses what it might be, I would be glad to hear it. It also has the keystone Oliver emblem on each plow bottom.
When I got it, the plow seemed to have been dropped from a considerable height. The long supporting beam was bent, so I made a new one. The steel plates that form the attachment point for the top link were also badly bent so I was able to put them in the wood splitter and straighten them nicely. The rear rolling landside was seized and badly bent... again straightened in the wood splitter. It looks pretty good now! :D
The mouldboards are quite rusty so will need to be shined up some before
I give it a go. It will be soon I hope! Turned soil is the truest sign of spring!
Cal
calvin innes

Postby berryla » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:45 am

I've got a couple of other projects, but I'll keep them a surprise for now.
WOW Gold
berryla

Postby helitS » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Congratulations John (and Cindy)! That sure beats any surprise I have.
Good life of peace

diablo 3 power leveling
<a>Diablo 3 Items</a>
<a>Diablo 3 Gold</a>
helitS

Postby ladygaga627 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:58 am

this must be useful.I love it.
ladygaga627

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Forum