Broken Plow Part

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Broken Plow Part

Postby out plowing » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:01 pm

I am working on a 383 gang plow and the lift spring is broken. Best that I can tell from the parts book is that it is called (RP-5287 lift spring). Does anybody know where I can find one, or what an equivalent spring would be to use?
out plowing

Postby Former admin Chris L » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:36 pm

I'm pretty sure that RP numbers are for cultivators, so I'd bet that the same spring could be found on one somewhere.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby out plowing » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:06 pm

does anybody have a 382, 383 or 384 plow that is complete? That could tell me some dimention of the lift spring (RP-5287 lift spring). Mainly how many coils, what is the total diameter, what is the total number of coils, and what is the diameter of material.
out plowing

Re:

Postby Andy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:26 pm

For the last year or two I've been talking to Victor Korves about producing springs for the Plowmaster 100. It is a pretty common request. I have some NOS parts that I've been trying to bring to one of our events for them to use as patterns. Unfortunately, many times I've been using airlines for travel, and when I do drive, somehow with the other issues concerned, at the last minute those parts don't seem to find their way into the pickup. I'm still working on that, maybe I can remember to load them to go to Springfield. If the spring I think you are looking for is the same, and most of those are, I think Korves is considering doing reproduction.
Andy

Return to Miscellaneous Forum