A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Postby Nuttycollector » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Everyone, :D

I just joined here today, as I belong to several differnt tractor forums. I really enjoy corresponding with other who also collect.

We don't only collect Olivers, we collect several makes/models.. ect.

We love most all makes and models.

I hope to learn a few things, and enjoy the forums . Everyone take care care, " DJ"
Nuttycollector

Postby Former admin Chris L » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Welcome aboard! It's always good to see new people joining in. It seems like conversation has been picking up around here lately, which is great since it usually slows down once spring arrives.

We look forward to hearing more from you.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Nuttycollector » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:20 am

Thanks Administration, ( Chris)

I really appreciate your welcome. I will look forward to corresponding with the members here, as much as I enjoy the other tractor forums out there.

Take care, and see ya.. :) "DJ"
Nuttycollector

Postby calvin innes » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Greetings and hope you find it interesting here. There is a wealth of knowledge on here and folks are more than willing to help out. I think you will find some of the most cordial folks on here. I have to ask, what do you collect to become the "nutty collector?" ....just curious, I might already be there! :wink:
Most Sincerely,
Cal
calvin innes

Postby Nuttycollector » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:31 pm

calvin innes wrote:Greetings and hope you find it interesting here. There is a wealth of knowledge on here and folks are more than willing to help out. I think you will find some of the most cordial folks on here. I have to ask, what do you collect to become the "nutty collector?" ....just curious, I might already be there! :wink:
Most Sincerely,
Cal

Hi Cal,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am sure that I will enjoy all that the forums have to offer.. :wink:

Well now, the "Nuttycollector" thingy....

We collect tractors.... all kinds... not partial to any... 8)

Then we collect "JD garden tractors."... :!:

And then... of course... "Pedal Tractors"... all kinds...

Now that is just the "tractor" collections.... :) And of course... We "RESTORE" them all...

As well as do restorations for other collectors...

I also collect "Antique Oil Lamps and Lanterns".... approximately... 200 of them in our house...

I also have a collection of over 200 bells...

"Ford" and "JD" tools....

As well as many "other" collections... :shock:

This is why we just added another 1100 sq. ft.. to our house. :D

Some say we could have our own... " museum" here... LOL

This is why I am the "nuttycollector".... I love them all. 8)
Nuttycollector

Postby calvin innes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:52 pm

Shoot! I guess I'm closer than I thought. We have a few old oil lamps...mostly Bradley and Hubbard...for the practical like when we lose power! My wife is from Belltown! (East Hampton , Conn.) Bevin bells...if You collect 'em I am sure you know the name. Her mother did work there, but the business is all closed up now, although some of the factory buildings are still there.
Never did get into the pedal tractor or the toys, but all tractors of all colors are fair game around here.... mostly Oliver, but Massey Ferguson, Ford, Case, and ....Dare I say It??? a Kubota.....well there, I said it! :lol:
I enjoy restoring any we collect, but use all of them also.
Here's another collection.....my wife collects Old Town canoes, (made in Old Town, Maine) the oldest being from 1915. As the build cards are available for most Olivers, so are the build cards for these Old Town canoes. Each had a serial Number on the stemband and the factory will research it for you for a 4.00 dollar fee. Cool! They tell you to who it was shipped , when, and with what options, as well as a blow by blow of the assembly at the factory.
Cal
calvin innes

Postby edchainsaw » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:50 pm

one of the Canoe trip liveries in Parke CountyIN uses old town's and I personally saw 2 sunk on one trip >LOL< ya spine broke on a very big rock... LOL so that should make your old ones worth more right? :)

most of these canoe's dont last 2 yrs... nothing parties like a rental !
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby carrothead » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:31 am

It seems that once the collecting bug bites, there is no cure for it. It is a bug well worth catching though. Caught it quite awhile ago myself. Glad to see more people on this site. Welcome to the nutty collector
carrothead

Postby Nuttycollector » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:47 pm

carrothead wrote:It seems that once the collecting bug bites, there is no cure for it. It is a bug well worth catching though. Caught it quite awhile ago myself. Glad to see more people on this site. Welcome to the nutty collector

Thank you for the welcome Carrothead!!

AMEN!... Once "The Bug" has you... you are had for sure. :o 8) :lol:

We could be spending our money on "worse things".. after all.
:wink:
Nuttycollector

Postby Paulwade » Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 am

Thank you for your sharing!

----------------------------------------------
Rc Hobby
wade Paul
Paulwade

Return to Miscellaneous Forum