Bad news

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Bad news

Postby Frank Dodson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 pm

As most of you have heard by now, Tennessee suffered another killer tornado yesterday. West TN has become tornado alley since 1999. THe F4 came down approx. 8 miles from our place in Jackson,TN. We didn't have damage but there was a path of destruction through Jackson killing two and causing millions of dollars in property damage.

Another sad note, Jere Norville son of Marvin Norville died suddenly of a heart attack Sunday. You probably remember Mr. Marvin of Bells, TN and his Oliver 60. There have been numerous articles written about him and his wife using the 60 as there only means of transportion when they were first married. Mr. Marvin and his wife made nearly all the get togethers with the little 60 and Jere would be their driver.

Please keep all these people in your thoughts and prayers.
Frank Dodson

Postby 995Lugmatic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:16 pm

How is the cleanup coming Frank?

We are in clean up mode in W. KY as well, but not from those tornados, but the major ice storm from a week or two ago.

LOTS of tree damage. Asides from the usual limbs falling, whole trees uprooting! :shock:

"A closed mouth gathers no feet!"
995Lugmatic

Bad News

Postby Frank Dodson » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 pm

The clean up is going real well as I was told FEMA has pre-contracts with local companies. Union University will begin classes next week however many of the dorms were destroyed. It is truely a miracle no one was killed at Union. The small community of Huntersville just west of Jackson was heavily damaged. The deaths occurred in that community. I feel that the cost will be equal to the 2003 and 2005 F4's. I suppose we are officially in tornado alley.
Frank Dodson

Bad News

Postby Frank Dodson » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 pm

The clean up is going real well as I was told FEMA has pre-contracts with local companies. Union University will begin classes next week however many of the dorms were destroyed. It is truely a miracle no one was killed at Union. The small community of Huntersville just west of Jackson was heavily damaged. The deaths occurred in that community. I feel that the cost will be equal to the 2003 and 2005 F4's. I suppose we are officially in tornado alley.
Frank Dodson

Return to Miscellaneous Forum