Winter Show

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Winter Show

Postby calvin innes » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:50 am

Well? Come on, tell us poor folks that remained behind about the show! You're holding out on us! We need details, stories, pictures!
I heard it was sunny and in the 70's and there was a thousand tractors there... but I was also told not to mention the dancin' girls! Could all this be true? :wink:
In all seriousness, I would surely like to see some pictures posted..even one and to hear about the show however brief.
Thanks,
Cal
calvin innes

Postby SPeterson » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 am

When I left Minnesota the forecast for Iowa was for temps in the 20s above zero. Thursday morning we awoke to a record -23 but since I had been acclimated to the frigid temps by two weeks of chilly weather up North it wasn't too bad. There wasn't much need to go outside as there was a skywalk between the hotel and the convention center. Unfortunately, the dancing girls had to dress in insulated coveralls and were working at the pizza place across the street. The weather warmed up and we had good roads and sunshine for the return trip. Nice weather yesterday but -20 again this morning.
I was really impressed by the quality of the tractors at the show. My personal favorite was the 1655 FWA. It was good to see all the folks at the show. I like the tractor shows because of the nice people involved and the lack of snobbishness by the Oliver folks. When are you going to have a chance to make it to a show Calvin?
Steve Peterson
SPeterson

Postby Bill Brandt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 am

Calvin:

There are some pictures posted on the Oliver Forum of Yesterday's Tractors. they may be back a page or 2. Too bad you could not be there, it was a good time. My brothers and I did not go until Friday so we missed the real cold weather on Thursday.

Chris was going up to Charles City, so I suppose he will post pictures when he gets back home.

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Postby SPeterson » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:25 pm

I posted a few photos in my folder in the Photo Barn. It is the one with the Keystone sign. Steve Peterson
SPeterson

Postby Former admin Chris L » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:30 pm

The show was great. I think Steve summed it up pretty good. Somewhere around 425 went to the banquet. Some impressive prices were realized at the Friday night auction.

I'm still in Waterloo. I spent the day at the museum on Monday, and this morning we went to chat with some of the former Oliver Employees. We're at the hotel now watching the mercury drop and the snow blow. We're headed for home in the morning, and I should be able to post some of the 200 + pictures I took on Thursday.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby calvin innes » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:30 am

Thanks Steve, Bill, and Chris. I'm so glad to hear it was such a nice show in spite of the weather.
Steve, I peeked at your pictures..... Those ttractors sure do shine under the indoor lights! What a bunch of beauties. Good to see some in their original paint too. I was at the Dover and Ontario show and intend to get to the next summer show too....will I bring a tractor along? Im not sure yet, but I sure would like to. Yep, the Minnesota weather has been brisk. My son is still up north of you so I get regular weather updates for the Grand Forks area. (I also hear how crappy a diesel truck starts too :lol: )
Bill, I must confess, I did see the pix on YT in the Oliver column, but I'd rather see them here... they last so much longer.
Chris, I look forward to seeing your photos too. Will the auction be written up in the HPOCA magazine? I have to get back to the Floyd County museum to research a couple of tractors....one being the 2655. Apparently it got around some
Thanks all.
Cal
calvin innes

Postby Former admin Chris L » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:00 am

I just added 108 picture from the show and the tour at Sparky Duroe's place.

Enjoy!!
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Return to Miscellaneous Forum