an icy ride!

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

an icy ride!

Postby 39LC » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:34 pm

Second ice storm in a week. The birds are emptying the feeder in 24 hours!, and it's treacherous just trying to get the mail and feed the horses!

Natures way of pruning trees, unfortunately it also prunes electric wires. I'm still good here. Hope everybody else is getting along O.K. too.

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby Former admin Chris L » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:54 pm

So far we have been lucky. Last weekend didn't turn out too bad, two days ago it stayed to the south of us, and today the worst of it went either north or south of us. If anything, I should have stuck the rain gauge back out. A few degrees cooler and we'd be in a world of hurt.

Hope all is well with you and yours, and Merry Christmas!
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Illini Brett » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:15 pm

We just got our power turned back on about an hour ago, been off since 1:30 Sunday afternoon. There's limbs and whole trees down all over the place and everything's still got a good coating of ice on it. Sure hope this is the end of the ice for the year.
Illini Brett

Postby Terry Buelow » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:29 pm

We have at least half inch of ice hanging on everything here. Here's hoping the wind does not come up as trees and wires are really hanging low. A lot of power out around us but so far so good. Sincerely hope like previous writer that this is last ice for the year/season.
Terry Buelow

Postby calvin innes » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:31 pm

It warmed up and rained here in Connecticut overnight and took all the ice off the trees, but is now well below freezing with a half foot of snow predicted for tomorrow! Yahoo! :lol: I was in Maine a week ago and got 18 inches while I was there. I put the 7 foot snow thrower on the little 1255 Oliver. This is generally reserved for the 1850 (yes Larry, it is running great and I've kept your notes to me in the tool tray by the windshield and still reread them on occasion), but the 1850 is still in Connecticut. Boy! that little 1255 sure had a workout! First passes were altogether too much for it, but half passes were fine. It was the light fluffy sort of snow that you don't mind shoveling.... well, not too much! We have a Nor'easter predicted for the weekend.....lots of snow they say...I'll believe it when I see it tho'! My wife, Marilyn loves the snow and skiing...she smiles all the time now!
Hope all do ok with the ice I've seen on thee news and everyone keeps warm!
Cal
calvin innes

Return to Miscellaneous Forum