A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Postby OZZY » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Just really started collecting Olivers. I am 22 years old. I currently own a 1955 FWA and a 1755. I recently accuired a 5 bottom plow. Is there any advice on buying Oliver tractors and equipment. I have always been a big fan of the later model tractors and big tractors. I would really like to find a combine but I think I'm SOL.

Thanks, OZZY
OZZY

Postby Former admin Chris L » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:33 pm

Ozzy,

Welcome aboard. Good to see some 'young blood' joining us. My recommendation for buying Oliver tractors and equipment is get as much as you can, there not making any more.

Seriously though, I think it is worth it to pay a little more for a tractor in good shape than to be constantly fixing one that has been abused.

On the subject of combines, there are still some good ones out there to be bought, but give it a few more years and the old ones are going to be hard to find. Between the high price of scrap metal, and all of the combine demolition derbies going on, they're disappearing fast.

Post some pictures of your tractors and plow when you get a chance.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby BessJessie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 am

I don't know much about this.But I have learned something useful.

Return to Miscellaneous Forum