2007 Show-Me Tractor Cruise

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

2007 Show-Me Tractor Cruise

Postby ShowMeTractorCruise » Fri May 11, 2007 7:16 am

The 5th Anniversary run of the Show-Me Tractor Cruise will be held June 30, 2007. This year's benefit ride for Camp Quality Northwest Missouri, a summer camp and year-round support program for children with cancer, will start and end at Derr Equipment outside Savannah, Missouri.

This year's route is 20 miles shorter than last year and gives tractors and their drivers an opportunity to see a great combination of both urban and beautiful rural Northwest Missouri. The ride travels from Derr Equipment into Savannah, continuing south into St. Joseph for a morning break at the Shoppes of the North Village. After our morning break, we continue on the outskirts of St. Joseph to the Campus of Missouri Western State University for our lunch break and a pedal cruise. In the afternoon, we turn east and pass through the countryside, going through the communities of Cosby and Helena before ending the day at Derr Equipment. The day ends with a barbecue meal on Saturday evening.

Drivers can check-in for the 2007 Show-Me Tractor Cruise beginning on Friday, June 29th. That evening, tractors will be on display for people to come look at and a meal will be served. Camping is available (please contact us in advance).

Here's some background about our ride: When the Show-Me Tractor Cruise began in 2003, organizers were hopeful that 50 drivers might come on the drive and raise $5000 for Camp Quality. The first year's ride was blessed with nearly 90 drivers. With the support of an anonymous donor who matched pledges dollar for dollar and the generosity of area communities, $35,000 was raised for Camp, the largest donation ever given. With the momentum of the first year, the ride has grown each year. More than 300 drivers checked in and participated in last year's ride. We're expecting an even bigger crowd for this year's ride as we celebrate our 5th Anniversary. In four year, the Show-Me Tractor Cruise has raised over $185,000 for Camp Quality, sending 180 kids to Camp Quality.

The Show-Me Tractor Cruise is Missouri's original tractor cruise--the oldest and largest tractor drive in Missouri. Most importantly, its purpose remains the same--to help raise fund for Camp Quality of Northwest Missouri. This is a great way for antique tractor owners and enthusiasts to come together and have fun with their hobby--the best part about the ride is that it's all for a great cause--helping kids who need the help of others.

If you'd like to learn more, visit our website at http://www.showmetractorcruise.com. Any questions? Just look for the "Contact the Webmaster" link at the bottom of the main Show-Me Tractor Cruise page.[/url]
Show-Me Tractor Cruise
A benefit ride for Camp Quality of Northwest Missouri
www.showmetractorcruise.com
"A Few Miles for Many Smiles"

Show-Me Tractor Cruise, Inc. is a Missouri
Nonprofit Corporation (N00711606)
ShowMeTractorCruise

Return to Miscellaneous Forum