Calvin, blowing snow yet?

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Calvin, blowing snow yet?

Postby 39LC » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Cal,

Are you blowing snow with the 1850 now? What I've seen on t.v. show you getting some good amounts of snow there. If so, how's the cab and heater treating you?
Larry
39LC

Postby calvin innes » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:30 am

Hi Larry,
We got jipped! We got 4 inches of sleet....its like iron! A regular pickup and plow can't peel it up....the 1850? :D Nooo problems! I wanted to get some pictures today, but my photographer grabbed her skis and headed for the hills early this morning,sigh :( .
As for the heat,...it doesn't take too long before the cab is too hot! Yep, it works well. I usually clear driveways for 2 neighbors down the road....I was accused of having things too easy...having a cab. I think there was no way I was going to convince him I was having a tuff go of it. That plug-in block heater works well. If I plug it in the night before, the whole engine is quite warm in the morning.
Still cold and a lot of wind, but clear skys here....what have you been getting? It seems like your area was getting snow....nothing like western New York I hope! Some of those folks had gotten well over 10 feet of snow in one week.... now that would give an 1850 an honest test!
I hope my photographer returns home in the daylight so I can get a few good pictures!
Cal
calvin innes

Postby 39LC » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Cal,

We got about 8 inches on the "big" storm, then another 3 inches night before last. Weather prediction is for 40 deg. and rain in a few days!
That's gonna be cold! Chill your bones with that cold rain. :D

Larry
39LC

Return to Miscellaneous Forum