Go vote Tuesday!

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Go vote Tuesday!

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:07 am

Hey Y'all,
Tomorrow is election day, you should go to the polls and vote. I don't care how you vote, just do it! Personally, none of the parties give me much to choose from, so, I vote for the lesser of the evils. The thing is, men and women have served and died for freedom. This freedom allows us the right to vote, we should bring honor upon our patriot's sacrifice. Since I have known some of these remarkable individuals, as well as some of those serving in adverse conditions today, I for one will not deny their sacrifice, rather, I honor it, because freedom is always paid for with blood!!!
Have a great day!!!
Andy
Andy

go vote

Postby kcoers » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:42 pm

Andy
As someone who retired from the Army, i couldn't agree more
kcoers

Postby 39LC » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Yeah Andy, Me too! I really get sick of hearing other countries blast the USA. They should be reminded that only two people ever laid their lives on the line for them....Jesus Christ and American servicemen!

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby 39LC » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Yeah Andy, Me too! I really get sick of hearing other countries blast the USA. They should be reminded that only two people ever laid their lives on the line for them....Jesus Christ and American servicemen!

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby calvin innes » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:36 pm

Well, the elections are finally done here as of today. We had to have a recount on our U.S. Representative... over 200,000 votes cast and the winner won by 91 votes! .....Yep, every vote counts!
Cal
calvin innes

Postby edchainsaw » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:46 pm

my friends (yes both sides ) were running for trustee in the county just south of me..

well the vote totall is 4 different LOL loser aint filing for recount :) she's thinking she's the lucky one!!!!! \

and on a more historical note: over 100yrs ago there was a man 30miles from here that never missed an election. so they carried him to the poles to vote (everyone knew how he would vote he was proud of his party) well the congress man was elected by 1 vote. (no record of a recount was in the records) then that congressman was put on a commision to look at voting missconduct in the south. that committe gave his party the nod in the elections that were invesegated (again by 1 vote) that allowed the Electorial collage to be formed using that parties souther delegates and not the other partys.... oh and folks WHO actually elects the president of the USA????????

so yes 1 vote can count.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Return to Miscellaneous Forum