Coralville, Iowa Winter Show

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Coralville, Iowa Winter Show

Postby SPeterson » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:35 pm

I decided to register a the Marriot for the Winter Show today and was surprised when the lady told me I had the last room in the reserved block. The "Powers that Be" might want to increase the number of rooms in the block as it seems too early to be sold out.
Steve Peterson
SPeterson

Postby Oliver66 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Steve:

My wife, Sue & I were down there for the Grand Opening a week ago Saturday night. We talked with our contact people and at that point there were still available rooms. I will check with our contact people tomorrow morning and see if what you were told is true. If it is true, I will see if I can get Marriott to add more rooms to the HPOCA Block.

Thanks for letting me know about this!

--Marc Sletten--
President
Iowa Cornbelt Oliver Collectors Chapter
Oliver66

Postby Oliver66 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi All:

Just wanted to let you know that I checked with the Marriott people this morning and the small block of rooms for Wednesday night, January 24th, was full. I have had them add more rooms to the bock for that date. The other 3 nights still have openings. Marriott says they are starting to see a lot of interest, so you may want to reserve your rooms soon. $79.00 per night for a new Marriott is quite a bargain.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Coralville in late January!

--Marc Sletten--
President
Iowa Cornbelt Oliver Collectors Chapter
Oliver66

Return to Miscellaneous Forum