Tomorrow

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Tomorrow

Postby kcoers » Wed May 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Well the weather looks nice tomorrow, but too wet in the field so, i think i'll get my little 75 out and get the leaf sweeper and pick some of the excess grass out of the yard. Seems like i keep forgetting to mow when i'm in the field.
kcoers

Postby edchainsaw » Thu May 04, 2006 9:20 pm

we are working around water holes...

going to try to go tommarrow to plant--- have a lot to do and its late..

one field has so fish in a hole in it... big carp! I dont think you can get 3 of them in a 5 gal bucket... I know sounds like a fish story.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby 39LC » Thu May 04, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi Ed,

Hey, when did you plant them fish, last fall? :)

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby 39LC » Thu May 04, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi Ed,

Hey, when did you plant them fish, last fall? :)

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby edchainsaw » Fri May 05, 2006 8:45 pm

LOL the Eel River planted them around the Middle of March... and the tile has just about got rid of thier habbitat..

I tryed to grab a couple today (they were getting sunburnt on top)
and you know they were still strong.. and well over 10# a peice... wriggled a way from my hand easy
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby 39LC » Sat May 06, 2006 12:20 am

When I was a kid, Salt Creek ran by our place. When the Eisenhower Expressway was built (in the 50's) They got all the topsoil for the sholders from 300 acres between us and the creek. Took about 3 to 4 fet out. Every few years that would flood to about 4-5 feet deep. They had left a small levee along the creek so the water would be trapped.
The carp would get in there by the thousands. Two fellas my folks knew would come in with nets and sell them some place. I never knew where, but they seemed to make a pretty good buck at it.
Hope it dries out for you real soon. Larry
39LC

Postby edchainsaw » Sat May 06, 2006 9:06 pm

a neighbor use to get carp and take them into Terre Haute--- sell them to some of the poorer families --- they would what's called cold pack-- then clean them first... they are not great fish.

one time my grampa shidler got 4 big ones that were trapped this way-- he put them in his old horse trough for 3 months (kept clean water and fed them dog food) still tasted like MUD!

we got to plant 90acres today... dodged a few mud holes doing it.. but that much more is out of the way.
EDDIE

A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby calvin innes » Sat May 06, 2006 10:02 pm

Carp you say... some years back we were going to put in a hydraulic lift in a garage, but we hit ledge in 4 feet so the rest was going to be a blasting job. Well, next thing you know the hole inside the garage filled with water and got the old mechanic really P.O.ed , so just to wind him up a little more we put 3 big carp in there....well, wouldn't ya know it, he would feed them every day "til the hole finally went dry. WE never did put the lift in.
Cal
calvin innes

Postby edchainsaw » Sun May 07, 2006 5:11 pm

lol those fish are really powerful aint they LOL!
EDDIE

A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Return to Miscellaneous Forum