Dodged the bullet again

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Dodged the bullet again

Postby kcoers » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:43 pm

Well for the 2nd week in a row, we dodged the bullet with these storms rolling through here. The best thing is they are getting farther and farther away.
kcoers

Dodged the bullet again

Postby SKB77 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:58 pm

Us around Ashmore, Westfield, & Charleston didn't fare too well. At least 3 electric poles down along the highway. Roofs blown off. Bins ripped apart. House trailers flipped over.
SKB77

Re: Dodged the bullet again

Postby kcoers » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:06 am

SKB77 wrote:Us around Ashmore, Westfield, & Charleston didn't fare too well. At least 3 electric poles down along the highway. Roofs blown off. Bins ripped apart. House trailers flipped over.

I talked to my son, who lives near mattoon and he was telling me about some of the damage over there. Guess i should be happy that the only inconvience to us was the electricity being off for 12 hrs
kcoers

Postby edchainsaw » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:50 pm

we do business in Chrisman and the Massey dealer was telling dad last week they were gettting worried about dry weather.. ( we here were flooding)

we've only had rain here--- had a speck of hail one day but not much of that.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby calvin innes » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:12 pm

...Well, it was about 30 degrees this morning and snowing like crazy. We ended up with 4 inches by mid day. Roads were slick and the plows were out once more.....sunny by afternoon tho'! :D
Cal
calvin innes

Dodged the bullet again

Postby kcoers » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:17 am

calvin innes wrote:...Well, it was about 30 degrees this morning and snowing like crazy. We ended up with 4 inches by mid day. Roads were slick and the plows were out once more.....sunny by afternoon tho'! :D
Cal

i'm not sure where your at, but we had the first decent spring day yesterday. Now we're getting some much needed rain
kcoers

Postby edchainsaw » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:13 pm

we are flooding again today... rain not to stop for 3 days... that means the septic tank needs to be "drained" so that it dont back up into the post office.... not my plan for a Ted Everet sale day.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby Frank Dodson » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:51 pm

We didn't fair well at all. There were 24 people killed just a few miles from me. There was a 24 mile swat of destruction through two counties. One young family was wiped out(father,mother,two children). The dead ranged from a 77 year old to a child 11 months. Hundreds of people lost everything. The weather doesn't look very good for tomorrow. Please keep these people in west TN in your prayers.
Frank Dodson

Postby Wrenchbender » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:26 am

I thought about you Frank when they reported the storms in TN. You and others are in my prayers. John.
Wrenchbender

Return to Miscellaneous Forum