Snow gauges

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Snow gauges

Postby calvin innes » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:55 pm

Can anyone out there give me some suggestions on how to get moisture out of the gauges and tach short of disassembling them?
The tractor is always shedded, but I use it with the snow blower and the dash (and me) generally get covered. I noticed a lot of moisture on the inside of nearly all of the gauges this morning and it must be coming from the snow as it melts,(wish I had a cab). I plan on making a plastic cover for over the dash to fix the problem for the future, but what about the moisture there now....
Thanks,
Cal
calvin innes

Postby 39LC » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:19 am

Cal,

When You run the machine it generates heat from the ngine that warms the gauges. After You shut down, the waqrm air cools and condenses on the glass, wich cools faster.
Aside from inswtalling a cab, or, as You say, a cover to act like a storm window there is little else to do. The moisture should dry out in time.

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby calvin innes » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:20 am

Thanks Larry,
I sort of figured that may be how the moisture gets there, or else it was the snow...I was thinking of leaving the halogen work lights shining on the dash to see if that would drive the moisture out. I have pulled the tach out and opened it up to clean out the rust ( it was seized up)some years ago and would rather not have to go through that again.
Cal
calvin innes

Return to Miscellaneous Forum