Passing of a member

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Passing of a member

Postby John (C-IL) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:03 pm

On a sad note, the I&I Antique Tractor and Gas Engine Club lost a long time member Friday August 26, 2005 when Delbert Lewis, 73, of Pesotum passed away from injuries sustained in an accident loading one of his antique tractors to come to Rantoul. Many visitors may have noticed his Oliver 70 draped in black, where he had parked it near the steam engines. A man skilled in many areas, Delbert performed much of the electrical work in the buildings at Penfield, replacing and repairing light fixtures and much more. A quiet man who did things without making a fuss about it, he will be sorely missed. Delbert and his Oliver 70 are seen many times hard at work plowing in the 2003 Half Century of Progress videotape. He brought the 70 to Rantoul on Thursday and plowed a little before returning home to bring another tractor the next day. The accident happened Friday morning at his home near Pesotum.

John (C-IL)

Postby edchainsaw » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:54 pm

oh I know how that can happen so easily--- SAD for the loss and hope no one else has that happen
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby 39LC » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:10 am

Delbert will be missed greatly. I can't recall how or where I met Him, but I bought a seat and radiator cover from Him for one of my HP 70's. We got to be pretty good friends and I looked forward to seeing Him at shows. We also had a number of LONG phone calls as Delbert wasn't to keen on using the computer.

I am really saddened by His untimly death.

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby 39LC » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:12 am

Delbert will be missed greatly. I can't recall how or where I met Him, but I bought a seat and radiator cover from Him for one of my HP 70's. We got to be pretty good friends and I looked forward to seeing Him at shows. We also had a number of LONG phone calls as Delbert wasn't to keen on using the computer.

I am really saddened by His untimly death.

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Return to Miscellaneous Forum