Another project!!!

A forum for the discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. Just remember to keep it friendly

Another project!!!

Postby Wrenchbender » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:44 pm

Well I just purchased another project, I just can't help myself!

It's a gas with #1 rod sticking out of the block. It came from Purdue University originally. The like new tires and roll bar are worth what I gave for it! WB.
Attachments
HPIM0146.JPG
It's a little rough, but it's an Oliver!
HPIM0146.JPG (47.44 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Wrenchbender

Postby edchainsaw » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:38 pm

hey and it looks like it has a good seat thats over $200 LOL!

:)
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby edchainsaw » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:39 pm

hey and it looks like it has a good seat thats over $200 LOL!

:)
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby Bill Brandt » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 am

John:

You are in need of something. Your wife has probably already told you what she thinks you did not need!

It is a nice seat and the fender fuel tanks will be a plus when you get it running. I hope they included the muffler, you don't want the exhaust ruining that paint job. :wink:

Good luck!

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Postby Superpicker » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:21 pm

Purdue used to have several Oliver tractors as there was a dealer about 12 miles away from the University, they probably put in the low bid and was granted the deal. I graduated from Purdue in 2001. At that time, they still had two 1755's (one gas and one diesel-both with ROPS and fender fuel tanks.) They did still have them last year as I was at the animal science farm with a group of students for a tour. They used them a lot for silage and manure hauling.I have a picture I shot one time of them when we were out there for a class of both on spreaders as I recall. They also have a couple of the little Fiat Ollies too. If I could get near a scanner, I could send you the picture. I am thinking the dealer was Fowler Oliver Sales, as the decal said. Moline dealer nearby was Lecher of Boswell. They have some Whites also, 2-105's and 135's still.
Superpicker

Postby Wrenchbender » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:11 am

This tractor had a loader on it when it was at Purdue. It has the Purdue sticker up on the dash.

I'd love to see that picture. A few years ago there was a 1655 from Purdue that was at the consignment auction at Benton Central High School.

I knew Purdue was THE "Indiana" University and owning Olivers just reinforces that! WB.
Wrenchbender

Return to Miscellaneous Forum