new forum

Have something you would like to see on this web site. Something you don't like? Maybe you are having trouble using the forums. Ask here, or email <a href="mailto:webmaster@hartparroliver.org"> webmaster@hartparroliver.org </a>for help.

new forum

Postby danny » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:39 pm

Chris,
Good job. I think the new forum will take a little getting used to but after a some feeling around everybody should get the hang of it.

I am having trouble, however.... seems whenever I try to send a private message I get a banner telling me the moderator has prevented me from sending messages. Others are having the same problem. I'm certain its something overlooked.

Again congratulations on the prompt change
Danny Tabor #747
Oliver Renegade
danny

Postby Former admin Chris L » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:11 am

Danny,

You are right. I checked and everybody that was on the old board got their PM (formerly U2U) turned off when their accounts were transferred. I have yours turned back on, but at this point it looks like I need to go through one by one to turn them all back on. I'm sure there must be a faster way, but I need to go do some farming today. I'll look into it more tonight.

Anyone that signs up on the new board automatically has their PM turned on.

And Thanks.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby danny » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:56 pm

Good deal Chris,
You didn't have to go out of your way for me but thank you for doing so. Get the farming done first!!!! It pays better and take care in the field!!!!

Danny Tabor #747
Oliver Renegade
danny

PM's are fixed!!

Postby Former admin Chris L » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:12 pm

I finally found a way to reset everybody's accounts, and so everybody can now use their Private Message feature. (This feature used to be called U2U).

Sorry about any inconvenience. If you have any more troubles or questions, just let me know.

And thanks Danny for the kind thoughts. I hope everybody out there takes a little time to think safety when they are using these great machines that we love so much. Don't let the object of your affection be your undoing.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

new forum format

Postby carrothead » Sun May 02, 2004 1:31 am

i agree.this new format will take some getting used to,but i do like it so far
carrothead

Postby edward.tabor » Sun May 02, 2004 7:46 pm

How does one U2U with this new software? I may be dumb, but I can't find the link or button.

Ed
edward.tabor

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun May 02, 2004 10:58 pm

One other way is at the top of every page is a list that includes FAQ, Search, etc. Click on where it says you have no new messages (if you do have messages it will say you have x messages), this will take you to your Private Message center. From there you can check your inbox, outbox, sent box, and you'll now have a savebox to keep the important messages in.

When you send a message, it will be in your outbox until the recipient opens it, then it moves into your sentbox.

If you click on profile, you can change a setting so you can have an email sent to you when you have new PM's.

I would highly recommend reading the FAQ section. it has lots of documentation on how to use this forum to it's fullest extent. Of course, I am here to help out too, so let me know if you need any help.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Bill Brandt » Tue May 18, 2004 6:54 am

Chris:

I like the new format for the most part. Just need to get used to it.

Sometimes when I hit the forum button on the homepage it goes directly to the forum, sometimes I get the message about the format being updated and I need to hit the website listed. Not a big deal, but what gives?

Kind of miss the listing of the last 50 that had signed on. Maybe it is still there, but I can't find it.

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Postby Bill Brandt » Wed May 19, 2004 5:36 am

Chris:

While I'm at it I have another question. When I log in I have checked the button to be logged on automatically each time I visit the forum. So far it is not working or I don't understand the process. Does that button mean what it says or is its main purpose to keep you logged on beyond the preset time? By the way what is the preset time to stay logged on?

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Postby Former admin Chris L » Wed May 19, 2004 11:06 pm

Bill,

For the problem of sometimes getting the forum, other times getting the old forum address, you probably need to clear out your browser cache. It depends on which version of which browser you are running to do this, but sometimes the computer gets impatient and will display and older version that is stored locally on your computer. If you clear the cache. this should fix the problem.

I miss the last 50 visitors too. It is not a feature of this new software. I have been looking for an add-on that will do this, but so far, no luck.

On the automatic log-in is supposed recognize your computer and log you in as soon as you arrive. It works great for me, but one thing you have to do is NOT click on log out when you leave. This de-activates the automatic log-on feature. If you are inactive for more than 5 minutes, your name is removed from the currently online list, but the session length is set for 60 minutes. The 60 minutes only applies in you aren't using the automatic log-on feature. So in a nutshell, when you are done on the forum, just go to the next web site or shut off your computer, etc, and the forum will remove you from the online list after 5 minutes.

If you still have problems, then either your Internet security setting is too high and removing the cookie that logs you on, or some other program is. I'm using Netscape without any trouble, but haven't tried Internet Explorer with the automatic feature as of yet.

If this doesn't make it work, let me know what browser you are using and I'll try to get you going.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Bill Brandt » Wed May 19, 2004 11:24 pm

Chris:

I had been logging out. Will not do that and see if that was my problem.
Will also clear the cache.

Thanks for the reply.

Did get the magazine today.

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Postby Bill Brandt » Mon May 24, 2004 7:34 am

Chris:

Your suggestions took care of the problems. Thanks alot.

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Postby Keith M. » Sat May 29, 2004 6:06 am

Chris,
The old format you could check when the last time someone logged on. Any chance of bringing it over to this format?
Keith M.

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun May 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Keith M. wrote:Chris,
The old format you could check when the last time someone logged on. Any chance of bringing it over to this format?

Keith,

I'm looking into it, but so far no luck. I miss that feature as well.

I'll keep on it though.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:33 am

I think I found what we wanted.

I have installed a modification that shows a list of logged in visitors for the day. If you click on a user name, it will show you the last time they visited, how long they have been on, (this one may be off if the person uses the auto log on feature), the number of times they have visited, and the number of pages that they have viewed along with the other info that was normally listed when you looked up a profile.

If you have questions or comments, just let me know.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Return to Site Comments and Suggestions Forum