New forum software

Have something you would like to see on this web site. Something you don't like? Maybe you are having trouble using the forums. Ask here, or email <a href="mailto:webmaster@hartparroliver.org"> webmaster@hartparroliver.org </a>for help.

New forum software

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:25 pm

This is a notice to let everybody know that I will be installing new forum software in the next week or so. All usernames, posts, U2U's, info, etc. will be transferred to the new froum. I have been trying the converter on another web site, and have it so everything transfers nicely. But just to be safe, I will make a backup of the old forum, and perform the upgrade during off hours, so the change should happen seamlessly. But in the event something goes wrong, (we all know how computers are... :) ) I recommend printing out any messages or U2U's that you want copies of.

If you would like to get a 'feel' for what the new forum will work like, please visit http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/ . I will be changing the look to more of what we have now, but you can get an idea of what it will be like.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

I will post a definite update time in the near future.
Former admin Chris L

Postby Bill Brandt » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:46 pm

Are we using the new software yet? Does it have a spell checker?
Bill Brandt

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:49 pm

Not as of yet. I figured I'd better give enough time for everybody to be warned of the change.

The new forum will have a spell checker. It is an add on feature that will have to be installed after the main software is installed, but it will be there.
Former admin Chris L

Return to Site Comments and Suggestions Forum