Spammers posting on the HPOCA website

Have something you would like to see on this web site. Something you don't like? Maybe you are having trouble using the forums. Ask here, or email <a href="mailto:webmaster@hartparroliver.org"> webmaster@hartparroliver.org </a>for help.

Spammers posting on the HPOCA website

Postby SPeterson » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:03 am

Would it be possible to have a question only an Oliver fan would know the answer to when signing up to be a member on the website? Like, What was the last Oliver built? Or What is the white used on Oliver tractors called? Or Why did it take John Deere so long to figure out that six cylinders are much better than two? Well maybe not that one cause I don't know the answer to it.
It sure would cut down on the riffraff frequenting the website.

Steve
SPeterson

Postby Donald Lehman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Irritating as all get out, aren't they? Sent Chris a pm about this not too long ago. No answer yet. I expect he's got other things to worry about right now. Like putting hay in.
Donald G. Lehman
Donald Lehman

Re: Spammers posting on the HPOCA website

Postby Missouri Massey Man » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 am

SPeterson wrote:Would it be possible to have a question only an Oliver fan would know the answer to when signing up to be a member on the website? Like, What was the last Oliver built? Or What is the white used on Oliver tractors called? Or Why did it take John Deere so long to figure out that six cylinders are much better than two? Well maybe not that one cause I don't know the answer to it.
It sure would cut down on the riffraff frequenting the website.

Steve

If you do, please don't use any of the above questions....I am very much an Oliver fan and don't have a clue to any of the answers to the above... :roll: :roll: :roll: There HAS to be a way to deal with the spammers, I'm sure !!!
Missouri Massey Man

Return to Site Comments and Suggestions Forum