Misc. Forum

Have something you would like to see on this web site. Something you don't like? Maybe you are having trouble using the forums. Ask here, or email <a href="mailto:webmaster@hartparroliver.org"> webmaster@hartparroliver.org </a>for help.

Misc. Forum

Postby 995Lugmatic » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:27 am

I think the site needs a Miscellaneous Forum...or General Info, or something of that nature...for things that members might know about or want to ask about, but dont fit into a Oliver, Hart Parr, Cletrac forum...

For example...I work for Continental Tire North America which bought General Tire. General used to make farm tires, and I thought it would be neat to have a set. I think maybe some of the guys (and gals!) on this board might have seen a set in the weeds, or might have a set.

And just because mine sounds like a wanted ad, doesnt mean that all would be that way.

Anybody else think this could be beneficial? Or should I just ask it in a different forum and stop being picky.
995Lugmatic

Misc

Postby Frank Dodson » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:32 pm

Lugmatic

I agree that a misc. section would great. Since I also collect Oliver toys it would be nice to have an Oliver toy section. (buy, sell, swap, discuss) There has to be many Oliver toy collectors out there.:D
Frank Dodson

Postby Andy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:15 am

Oh, now we are to turn the HPOCA website into 'everything Ebay'? This site is dedicated to all things of the Oliver line, I prefer it stay that way, otherwise I will have to go thru pages of flea market junk, just to find something Oliver.
Andy

misc.

Postby Frank Dodson » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:35 pm

Andy

Don't strip a gear. I agree that this board is HPOCA and should stay that way however I think it would be nice to have a misc. section such as we have Cletrac etc. I collect Oliver toys and I know some members have no interest but some do therefore a misc section would fit that bill. Also,this could be set as a member want ad section for buying and selling Oliver related items. I have used ebay (toys) but we know some of the people selling on ebay are as shady as a willow. I had much rather buy and trade on a forum such as this where we know most of the people. Again this service would be for members only. :D
Frank Dodson

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:05 am

Hey Frank,
This idea reminds me of Mohammad and his camel. One cold desert night, Mo was in his warm tent. His camel was out in the cold, and told Mo, Hey Mo, you're a good ol' boy, why don't you let me put my nose in the tent, so it can be warm. Mo feeling sorry for the camel said OK. Next thing you know, the camel had his head in, then neck, then hump, then all of the camel was in and Mo had been pushed out into the cold, cold, desert. $30 dues is really not much of a deterrent to those shady types, they would get that back real quick. Now, can you see my point? I don't strip gears, but you ought to see me blow a gasket when my brother puts water in perfectly good whiskey. Like my whiskey, I take my Olivers straight up!!!
Andy

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:17 am

Hey Frank,
An excellent alternative to a forum of this type is already in place. It is our classified ads, in the magazine. With this we can have some control over the shady types. Sherry would never knowingly let those of less than reputable character sell item in our magazine. She does a good job screening the ads, and has a decent knowledge of who to not let in, Why don't you put an ad in to buy toys? You get a limited ad with your dues.
Andy

misc

Postby Frank Dodson » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:57 pm

Andy

You may be right however I want things to happen faster than every other month and as slow as my magazine is coming everybody will have looked at the ads several weeks before me.:(
Frank Dodson

Return to Site Comments and Suggestions Forum