AOL users

Have something you would like to see on this web site. Something you don't like? Maybe you are having trouble using the forums. Ask here, or email <a href="mailto:webmaster@hartparroliver.org"> webmaster@hartparroliver.org </a>for help.

AOL users

Postby Former admin Chris L » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:10 am

Some of our AOL users have reported problems with not being able to stay logged in when at the forums. I have made an adjustment that should help with this problem.

If you continue to have a problem with staying logged in on the forums, please send me an email at webmaster@hartparroliver.org and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby edchainsaw » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 pm

gee I didnt know there was a problem... someone was really on their toes... thanks CHRIS
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby Former admin Chris L » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:21 am

It's odd. Some AOL users have had no problems at all, and some can't get past the login. It has to do with AOL and how your IP address can change every time you click a link. AOL just does things the way they want.

For the forum, it means I had to lower a security feature a little so that it can allow slight variations in IP addresses. So far, it seems to have helped at least one member to be able to log on.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Return to Site Comments and Suggestions Forum