OC-4 FINALLY!

Forum for the discussion of Cletrac related topics.

OC-4 FINALLY!

Postby Donald Lehman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 am

The long drawn out rebuild of the OC-4 is about done. The sucker is up and running. Fuel pump leaks and the hydraulic pump seal is leaking. That's about all that is left to do. Took a long time to get the project done and the amount of money I spent on the darn thing would make John Rockefeller raise his eyebrows, but she's basically brand new from the ground up.

The mechanic was driving it around to check the tranny and the steering and so forth remarked, what neat little bulldozer it was. He was impressed with the ease of the steering compared to other makes of the time.

Kudos to the Zimmerman's for their help in getting the thing up and running. No doubt about it, they are THE place to go for Oliver crawler parts.
Donald G. Lehman
Donald Lehman

Postby Donald Lehman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 am

Used the OC-4 for a couple of hours last night. Everything seems to be okay. Boy Oliver really screwed up by dropping their crawler line. What a sweet little unit. If it holds up as well as it did the first time around, I'll be long gone from this world before it is worn out again.
Donald G. Lehman
Donald Lehman

Postby Donald Lehman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 am

Didn't realize how much need I had for the OC-4 until we had it up and running. Seems like every few days we need it for something. :) Few little things that need to be addressed yet. generator doesn't seem to be charging right and the starter isn't 100% but other than that everything seems to be ship shape. Neat thing about the OC-4 is they are big enough to do a lot of work and small enough to get into tight places and light enough not to bust up concrete floors and such.
Donald G. Lehman
Donald Lehman

Postby John Schwiebert » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Donald I need to talk to you about your crawler. Please send me a phone number on a P M Thanks John
John Schwiebert

Postby Blackcat345 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:48 am

Well, you made the first step by purchasing both operator and shop manuals. They will tell you about everything you need to know. The track tightner is just behind the front wheel. Loosen the lock nut and then tighten the track adjuster. If you are lucky there will be a crooked looking open end wrench in the tool box under the left side arm rest made specifically for adjusting the tracks. Lay a straight edge from the rear sprocket to the front wheel on top of the track. Tighten the track until you have 2 inches of droop in the track halfway between the front and rear. If in dry conditions you might want the track a tad tighter. The steering will not be affected by the track tension. wait until you get your manuals before fooling around with the steering adjustments.
Blackcat345

Return to Cletrac Forum