HPOCA Banquet

Forum for the discussion of matters relating to the HPOCA.

HPOCA Banquet

Postby Wrenchbender » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:14 pm

I was just getting ready to fill out my banquet reservation for the Winter get-together and noticed the $25 price per person. Can someone shed some light on what the menu is? Seems to be a little higher than past years. Just curious before I send my money. WB.
Wrenchbender

Postby Terry » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:11 pm

I agree that the prices look high, but we have seen several recent price increases from the hotels on their banquet prices. While I have not seen the menu for the winter get together, I have seen the pricing for the summer show banquet. It will be about the same. The hotel is charging us 19.95 per person, including tax and gratuity, then we try to cover the costs of table decorations, commemorative glasses or something similar on the table, and sometimes rental of the hall. While the HPOCA does not intend to make any profit on the banquets, we do try to price the tickets at a break even level. Ususally we find some last minute expenses, and show a small but acceptable loss on the banquet. We all want to keep the prices as reasonable as possible, but hope that you can understand all of the expenses incurred in setting up a banquet for such a large group. Terry.
Terry

Banquet

Postby Wrenchbender » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:56 pm

Thanks for the reply Terry. I know things are expensive. Just curious, WB.
Wrenchbender

Re:

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:48 am

Terry is right about those costs, when we rent the room, there is costs included in the meals, minimums to be met(fortunately we have been lucky on this lately). But, it never fails that somewhere there will be a contengency to be satisfied. Another factor is location, St. Louis cost more than the VFW hall in cornfield county. You get what you pay for, location is expensive.
Actually compared to other events I attend HPOCA Banquet prices are a bargain, WV Fairs and Festivals Assn. cost $40 per plate, plus $75 to get in, Country Music Assn Awards, $350 for a cheap seat, plus a membership fee(mine is $600 per year). I ain't complaining about $25.

[Edited on 8-1-2003 by Andy]
Andy

qcux http://www.canadagooses-online-nw.com/ zxtj

Postby hihsqog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 am

bnvfb <a><b>borse louis vuitton</b></a> cbiaw
wrdcq <a><b>hogan</b></a> hintu
ydain <a><b>canada goose jakker</b></a> nzzih
<a><b>http://www.scarpehoganoutlet-italy.com/</b></a> eohvr
<a><b>http://www.canadagooses-online-nw.com/</b></a>
hihsqog

Location: Ecuador|Loja,Riobamba,Santo Domingo,Tulcan,Manta,Bahia,Cuenca,Machala,Guayaquil,Otavalo,San Jacinto,

Return to HPOCA Forum