HPOCA Banner

Forum for the discussion of matters relating to the HPOCA.

HPOCA Banner

Postby SPeterson » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:50 pm

I noticed at the Summer Show at Mt Pleasant that there was nothing directing people to the building all the club chapters were in. I must have had 30 people ask where the club building was. At the MM Collectors show they have a banner they erect over the door to the building they are having the show in. Maybe this is something our club could do to dress up and direct people to the club building.
Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35076771@N03/3389525177/[/img]
SPeterson

Postby SPeterson » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:54 pm

SPeterson

Postby oliverdude » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:44 pm

I have to agree with that. There really wasn't anything marking the building that the chapters were in and I don't remember anything on the vendor building.
Geoffrey
oliverdude

Re:

Postby Andy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm

I noticed that myself, but fortunately one of the first members I met when I walked in the gate was Duane, he told me where things were.
This might be a down side to downsizing our operations at shows. I agree with the downsizing, as our inventory maintenance costs tend to pretty well negate most of the profitability. An inventory had to be maintained in the trailer, as well as vehicle maintenance, and transportation. That trailer was getting some age on it, and would need sufficient repairs to retain reliability, that potential costs exceeded value of the vehicle.
I looked at the cost and reliability issues associated with this operation when I was President, what I found was costs were beginning to create a liability. That is one of the reasons for not continuing the Louisville show, at that time I had been working that show for 10 years or more, but putting personal feelings aside, one must pursue good practice in business.
At Auburn, the trailer and contents were sold at auction, I believe that was beneficial. Now we ship what merchandise we may need, as such, we no longer have these signs and banners we once did have. It is a leaner operation, but that is a drawback to it. As a result, we now rely more on membership dues, and less on revenue enhancements, which should be sufficient for our needs.
Take care!
Andy
Andy

Postby oliverdude » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 pm

For shipping, a banner is easy. Our chapter has 2 9ft. banners that 99% of the time stay at our house. If a member wants to take on setting up and working at a show in their area I roll up the banner and send it to them in a mailing tube. This should be at least an option for the HPOCA shouldn't it?

Andy, you said "we no longer have these signs and banners we once did have". Are they gone or do we just no longer have them at shows? If the club still has them, you might at least consider the mailing option for banners.
oliverdude

Re:

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:41 am

Oliverdude,
I believe they were in the stuff that was sold in Auburn. There was a few items that were sent other places, but as I recall, that was mostly merchandise that the board wanted to keep in inventory. My suggestion to you is, if this is of interest to you, contact Duane Starr, he might be receptive to having you volunteer to take care of this. Where I can't or won't speak for him, I can say we do look for volunteers who attend our events, and can contribute services as needed.
Andy

Postby Former admin Chris L » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 am

The club did get a new banner made up, but has used it over the table. A second one just like it would be good on the outside of buildings. This is the best picture I have of it at its debut in Auburn this year.
Attachments
IMG_5314small.JPG
Auburn show banner
IMG_5314small.JPG (248.65 KiB) Viewed 9394 times
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby SPeterson » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:29 pm

The sign the MM Collectors have is just a banner with vinyl lettering. The framework is 3/4" conduit I think. I have seen it put up on the face of a building or freestanding just by driving some steel fence posts in. Since the location of the next meeting is known well in advance it shouldn't be too hard to get it to the next location.
Just my thoughts.
Steve
SPeterson

Postby edchainsaw » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:25 pm

we here at the Hoosier Two-Cylinder Club have 2 signs ( vinyl with vinyl letters) one in each end of the territory our club serves... with that we have usually been able to get a sign to any place we're needed to.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

HPOCA banner

Postby OliverJoe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:19 pm

I,m getting to your discusion a little late ,but for the summer show 2011 you will recieve a foldout pamphlet when you register that shows you where everything on the grounds is. All the parts buildings and the chapter building is within 200 yds. of one another and will be easy to find. :) Joe Gress
OliverJoe

new title

Postby lincolon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:26 am

IF you see a hobo looking guy sleeping on a bench in the display area, that might be me.. I might need a nap after driving that far.
LEACCTURE
lincolon

Return to HPOCA Forum