Where are we all???

Forum for the discussion of matters relating to the HPOCA.

Where are we all???

Postby edchainsaw » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I thought maybe I should start a new thread down here to let us OLD timers check in.....

just to say hi
you know I hate to say this but this was a lot more fun when we were 'disscussing' things ;)
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby calvin innes » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey Ed,
I AM HERE AT HOME WHEN NOT ATTENDING THE DOCS OFFICE.... DANG! I VOLUNTEERED FOR A CANCER DRUG TRIAL PROGRAM AND DID NOT QUITE THINK IT WAS GOING TO MEAN AS MANY TRIPS TO BE CHECKED OUT! IT ALL ENDS IN JULY SO I'LL TUFF IT OUT.
OTHERWISE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PLANT OUR LITTLE FIELDS WITH STUFF, SWEET CORN, BEANS, AND POTATOES PRIMARILY. DOGGONE CROWS HAVE PRETTY WELL WIPED OUT THE NEWLY SPROUTED CORN IN 2 FIELDS.... THIS MEANS WAR! :twisted: I SUSPECT IT WILL NEED TO BE REPLANTED.
OTHER NEWS IS WE WILL HAVE A NEW EQUIPMENT SHED BY THE SNOW FLIES, HOPEFULLY. I HATE SEEING SO MUCH EQUIPMENT SITTING OUT. I CAN GET 13 OUT OF 14 TRACTORS IN THE BARN NOW, BUT ONE HAS TO SIT OUT ALONG WITH HARROWS, PLOWS, AND OTHER SUCH STUFF.
WEATHER HAS FINALLY BEEN GOOD, I.E., SOME RAIN. IT HAD BEEN VERY DRY UNTIL 2 DAYS AGO.
THE LOCAL TRACTOR CLUB WHICH IS 2 AND A HALF HOURS AWAY FROM HERE IS GEARING UP FOR THE SUMMER. THEY HAVE A COOKOUT ON SUNDAY AND A TRACTOR TREK SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEKEND.... 40 MILES AND ALSO A FULL SCHEDULE OF TRACTOR PULLS FOR THE SUMMER.
ED, WILL YOU MAKE IT TO THE IOWA SUMMER SHOW? AS FOR US, WE WILL NOT AND I AM DISAPPOINTED. I HAD HOPED TO BRING A HART- PARR 70 THAT CAME FROM DAVENPORT, IOWA. I FIGURED IT WOULD BE COOL TO HAVE IT "BACK HOME" EVEN IF FOR JUST A LITTLE WHILE.
.....THAT'S THE NEWS FROM MAINE,
CAL
calvin innes

Postby edchainsaw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 pm

I didn't make it... we finally mowed a hayfield... had one day to run and we are 4hrs from LaPorte... so we saw red.. Dad lived in LaPorte as a kid and we went to see the old place and came home only to put the cows back in at Midnight...

I wanted to go to MtPleasant but that would be just too much...

I to have had to make a lot of Dr trips--- I get a 'proceedure' tuesday morning and with the weather looking like hay making weather I might have to come off the DL as soon as the anethsia is out of me... just hope I can sit on the seat...
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby calvin innes » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:18 am

Ed,
I guess you aint in Iowa! I figured I was the only one holding out.... and I was gonna ask you if those Iowa dancin' girls there were purty as ever! :wink:
No, it was going to be too much for us to go out to the show in Iowa this year. MY wife is still sorta on the recovery list from breast cancer. (Dang cancer stuff!) I had every intention of going and I have a H-P 70 I would have taken also. I am disapointed we didn't go but hope Chris takes lots of pictures. He always does!
When we head west from here, if we make it as Far as La Porte the first day, we have done well. If we made really good time we would go as far as Gary, but that was sort of a push.
I hope your doctoring stuff went well. Haying would be hard around here this year. It rains too often. I never had the luxury of having a crimper/conditioner so I always needed 3 good days to put up hay. 1st, cut. 2nd, rake. 3rd, rake and bale. As I think back on it , it has pleasant memories but I sure was tired of it at the time. It sure was a good feeling when the last bale was put up in the barn.
I just came in from the dawn crow patrol. I shot one. The little buggers have pulled about and acre of it up and I had to replant one small field.
Well, gotta go write the daily E-mail to the folks. Ed, I hope the doctor was kind to you and you have recovered enough to get back out on the tractor! :lol:
Cal
calvin innes

Postby edchainsaw » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 pm

my mother had BC back in 2000, she's free yet and has finally got off those other drugs and was finally starting to act like my mother again... only now at 72 she's starting to do stuff without thinking... NOT Alshiemers or Dementia, just not think before doing... like tossing unpaid bills in a pile and then burning the pile... stacking light boxes under big heavy boxes... putting gas in the oil holes on lawnmowers.. that kinda stuff.... we laugh after a few minutes.

I have never used a conditioner or tedder (though sometimes I do need one) and with the type of hay I mostly put up ( fescue/orchard/timithy/weeds) I can mow one morning and bale next after noon... IF the ground is not wet... LOL...

back during the summer of 1988 I mowed in the morning and baled at noon.... that was ONE dry summer
EDDIE

A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby 39LC » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Finally got some dry here in Northern IL. Best hay making wx I've seen in a lllooonnnnggg time! Put up 1273 small squares today. Mostly timothy with some alfalfa...a tad late, but nice and flujffy dry. :D :D :D
Makes for smily faces everywhere!
Never turn your back on family or friends!
Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby edchainsaw » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:11 pm

we had a great week only thing was I was out of commision do to my surgury... I could only stand to sit on the baler seat... and that was for short periods of time...

dad would mow with what ever of the 2 mowers was working that morning (ya had to keep 2 to have one that would work and ONE IS BRAND NEW)

and we would rake the next morning as soon as the dew went off...

Like I said I was the hold up....

you cant get a lot done getting 20 6x6 bales a day ...

then the 1955 blew up so the moving hay is out for a while too.
EDDIE

A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

AA

Postby laolu2015 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:16 am

Hei~~~Soldiers~~~Let's go to the War!

laolu2015

Return to HPOCA Forum