New Here

Forum for the discussion of matters relating to the HPOCA.

New Here

Postby oteixeira » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 pm

Hi all,

I have been in the association for a year now, but just signed up to get into this area of the forum. A little about me. I am a 37 year old on a 6 acre lot with horses, and actually don't own a tractor right now. I fell in love with Oliver's because, well, they weren't JDs. Seems that is all we have down here in NC. Just a couple of miles from here there is a service station, and out back there are at least 10 Ollies just hanging around, and up the road there is a 1250 with a finish mower that is used to clean up and old school (I think that is what it was) lot. Anyway, I am hoping to get a 770/880 or there abouts to do some work on my little place, but what can I say, I am slow to buy. So anyway, I just wanted to say Hey! Sorry I was so long winded.

Orlando
oteixeira

Postby 39LC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:40 pm

Glad to have you with us! I hope you find it comfortable here.

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby Former admin Chris L » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Orlando,

Welcome aboard! You might find that even at 37 (my age too) some of the guys are going to consider you a young pup. But those are the same ones with heads packed full of Oliver knowledge and stories. Oliver people are great ones to call friends.

Should we help by finding you a good 770 or 880 to get things rolling along?
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby oteixeira » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:29 pm

Chris,

If you did find one I probably wouldn't be ready to buy. I am afraid to ask what a good one would cost. I want the wide front, I know that. Than and good PTO and hydro would be nice. What is that going to end up running me, like $4000-5000 is what I am afraid of.

Orlando
oteixeira

Postby edchainsaw » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:55 pm

welcome orlando--- and you are a young pup... :)

good luck hunting-- dad and i've been looking for good 770-880 for a while-- either they want to much for what they have most of the time so we pass to look for better.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby oteixeira » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 am

Thanks you guys for all welcoming me. I am glad to know there is still somewhere I can go and be called young. :D Eddie, I had a feeling they would be hard to find in good working shape without buying a show piece. I want something to work, not to show off. Maybe later down the line I would get into that, but not right now.

Again,

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Orlando
oteixeira

Postby jimmy19880 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Hello,everyone!I'm new here.I want to tell you a funny story:George comes from school on the first of September. "George, how did you like your new teacher?" asked his mother. "I didn't like her, Mother, because she said that three and three were six and then she said that two and four were six too....."

Ads by Google

Return to HPOCA Forum