White 2-60 4wd

A forum for the discussion of White tractors and farm machinery.

White 2-60 4wd

Postby HeathBudden » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:17 pm

I was in need of a tractor to work on my small beef operation. I came across this White 2-60 4wd with loader and 4 post rops for a good price.
Power steering, valve timing, exhaust and many hydraulic leaks needed to be fixed immediately, but overall this seems to be an excellent running tractor.
I use it to run a 4x5 round baler, 7' Land Pride Brush hog, repair roads and feed cattle, but I keep thinking I will replace rusty metal and make it look nicer.

tractor.JPG
White 2-60 4wd
HeathBudden

Front MFWD Rim

Postby HeathBudden » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 pm

So I have been brush hogging with my tractor lately. One of my front tires has suffered multiple multi-flora rose thorn punctures. This is not the first time I have dealt with this tire and this problem. I have decided to replace the rim and tire. Too expensive or impossible you may say. Well I have done my homework. Although the original rim is no longer available new through White, Oliver, Agco or any aftermarket supplier I could find. The outer "half" of the rim is fairly common. Google search "eBay 8x24 rim" for details. My "Inner half" rim is in good shape so I am going to have a local machine shop cut off my old outer and install the new one. As for tire, I will probably live to regret this, but I bought a sub-$200 Samson 9.5-24 R1 ag tire. We will see how well it holds up. 8 ply should last a while.
HeathBudden

Return to White Forum