White 2-110

A forum for the discussion of White tractors and farm machinery.

White 2-110

Postby m_lappin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Just bought a 2-110 at a auction last weekend and so far am very pleased with it. Soon as I can get the tires moved out a ways I'm gonna get the 13' discbine behind it and see what it takes to make it grunt.

I do have these questions though.

1: The paint is pretty good, but I'm still going to get fresh on it this winter. It has the plastic roof and will paint stick to this, or should we keep it Armorall'd to keep the sun from eating the plastic eventually?

2: I cleaned the radiator, oil cooler, and condenser before using it, but when I pull the foam filters out of the recirculation vents in the cab roof, I can see that I need to clean the heater core and the evaporator as well. Does the roof come clear off to access this or do I need to pull the headliner?

3: Did these tractors have any known problems that I need to stay on top off?

4: Is a service/shop manual still available from Agco or do I need to start watching E-bay/Craigslist for one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: After looking at Google maps, I see this tractor came from around Mr. Losey's area of Michigan. The auction was in Whitmore Lake and we kinda zipped right by the turn off to Springport on the way their.
m_lappin

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:45 pm

The 2-110 is a great tractor, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Your questions...

1. Painting plastic can be pretty tough. It doesn't like to stick very long. Krylon now makes a paint especially formulated to bond to plastic. I haven't tried it, but you could use that in a light color as a primer, and paint your regular paint over that. I'd check to see if there are compatibility issues between paint formulations before trying, or maybe someone else here has better experience with painting plastic.

2. The roof comes off, or opens up. If there are bolts on the top of the plastic, then screw them out and take the roof off. If you have to look under the edge of the roof, and the bolts are pointing up, then take out all except the ones on the left side of the tractor, they are hinges. You can then stand on a step ladder on the right side of the tractor and lift the roof up on its hinges. Prop it up with a 2 x 4 that is around 2 feet long.

3. I can't recall of any problems out of the ordinary. These had most all of the kinks worked out of this model, and the dot 4 engine is a great on as well.

4. I think you can get them through AGCO still. You might want to try www.olivertractormanuals.org the web site of the Floyd County Museum, they might have them as well.

What is the serial number on that 2-110? Maybe it came from our dealership, or at least got serviced here.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby m_lappin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:45 pm

The tractor is actually at the hayfield now, but according to what the previous owner wrote down in the owners manual the serial is 303067-435.

I'm the third owner, if I understood the story correctly, the guys father in law bought it new and then the previous owner bought it from his father in law when it had around 600 hours on it, then he replaced the tach at around 3600 hours. He had the old tach there and I confirmed that, the new tach only has about 647 hours on it.

Went for more than I hoped it would, but the owner had it into the local dealer last year and had over $7000 in it by time they were done. Flywheel was surfaced, new clutch plate and pressure plate, over/under was resealed, and something was replaced/adjusted in the transmission as sometimes it had shifting problems. Other odds and ends were taken care of as well, was converted to 134A, and a couple of hydraulic lines were replaced while the cab was off.

Been stored inside most of its life as it still has original paint and stickers. I do need to replace the interior and headliner this winter as the foam is starting to break down behind the material.
Attachments
101_2317.JPG
101_2317.JPG (463.63 KiB) Viewed 20247 times
101_2312.jpg
101_2312.jpg (451.85 KiB) Viewed 20247 times
Last edited by m_lappin on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_lappin

Postby Former admin Chris L » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Check for hinges under the left side of the roof, if they are there, then it pivots, whihc is what I am going to guess it does looking at the picture. I don't think they switched to the removable plastic roof until the 100 series of Whites.

I'll check that serial number and see what I can find.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby m_lappin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 am

No service manuals available from Agco. Contacted Floyd county museum and hopefully they have something.

When did they start using the dot 4 perkins? I'm wondering if I found a late enough model 2-105 if it would have the newer one as well?
m_lappin

Postby Former admin Chris L » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:46 pm

They started using the Dot 4 engine at serial number 297 447, which was during 1980, so late 2-105s will have it.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby m_lappin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks Chris. I'm already getting spoiled having A/C for making hay. Trading up to a silage special round baler yet this year and while my Grandfathers 1600D might run it okay, I'm tired of eating dust/chaff all day and if I can't find another 2-110 I'll get a late 2-105. Thought about a 2-88 but according to the baler brochures, when using the silage slice option the recommended minimum horsepower is 90.
m_lappin

Postby m_lappin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 am

A question for Mr. Losey. A service manual seems to either not be available for this tractor or was never available. Would a 105 manual cover most everything?

I had the same problem trying to get service manuals for my 4-175 and 4-210 as well.

All the aftermarket manuals cover 2-85's, 2-105's etc. but I haven't found any for the newer series like the 2-88 and the 2-110. Just curious as what to use as I'm in the process of buying a 2-88.
m_lappin

Postby Former admin Chris L » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I'll check my service manuals, I thought I had one on the 2-88 and 2-110. There are going to be some differences, the Dot 4 engine and the modular cab are the big ones I can think of. But most of what you'll need will be the same as a 2-105 manual.

Have you tried the Floyd County Museum for a manual?
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby m_lappin » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Yes sir, just like most places I checked they had em for 2-85's and 2-105's but no 2-88 or 2-110.
m_lappin

Postby m_lappin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:47 pm

One last problem. Was spreading manure with the 2-110 last week, then the tach quit working. To be specific it tries to work, but only reads up to 1300 or so and won't read any higher.

Pulled the dash and found a wore spot in the harness. Fixed the harness and started calling around for a new tach. Discontinued and can't find a replacement so far. Sent it in to Ag Express and they said they can't fix it.

Any other company's to try to get it repaired? Have tried Worthington Ag Parts and they don't have a used one.
m_lappin

Postby Former admin Chris L » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Is the pick-up sensor too far from the bolts heads it reads off? Is it damaged?
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby m_lappin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Its in the tach itself. This is the one with the switch below it, one way it reads as a tach, flip the switch then its a speedometer. Ag Express said they couldn't fix it, from that I would assume its in the tach. When it happened I was actually watching it, was running about half throttle across the endrows, hit a small rut, the tach spiked clear to the right, and since then it will read at an idle up to about 1300-1400.

When switched to the speedometer position on the switch, it will still only read as high as it does as a tach.

Like I said, had a bad spot in the harness and either shorted it to a hot or something. If the previous owners would have searched a little bit, I'm betting that's what ate the last one as well. This one only had like 400 hours on it.
m_lappin

Postby m_lappin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm

So found another 2-110 to run the silage baler with, question is did they have a way to get the wiring harness for the baler monitor routed into the cab? Also need to get the data cable for the Harvest Tec unit into the cab as well. I seen an access hole of some sort behind the seat, but then the cables would have to run behind the seat and along the hydraulic levers and what not.
m_lappin

Postby Former admin Chris L » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 am

I think there is an access plate just behind the seat, facing down. They sealed those late cabs up pretty good, so that's about it, short of drilling a hole.
Chris Losey
Former admin Chris L

Postby m_lappin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:06 pm

That's about the only thing I seen as well. Sure hate to run those cables over the console though. A few extra holes where the hydraulic controls come out, but too small to get the plugs thru I'm sure.
m_lappin

hello

Postby jieran » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:57 am

I seen an access hole of some sort behind the seat, but then the cables would have to run behind the seat and along the hydraulic levers and what not.

:shock: :shock:

Buy WOW Gold
Buy RS Gold
Administrator
jieran

Postby Kyle9389 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:59 pm

m_lappin wrote:So found another 2-110 to run the silage baler with, question is did they have a way to get the wiring harness for the baler monitor routed into the cab? Also need to get the data cable for the Harvest Tec unit into the cab as well. I seen an access hole of some sort behind the seat, but then the cables would have to run behind the seat and along the hydraulic levers and what not.

I am having a tack problem on my 2-88. Ag express fixed it but I'm thinking there's a wiring issue on tractor. It's same setup you have, I'm looking for a picture of the ground speed/rpm switch wiring and tach wiring. Any way you could contact me? 860-508-8702. Or kpaggioli@gmail.com
Kyle9389

Return to White Forum