Hart Parr 18-36I Air Stack/Filter

Forum for the discussion of Hart-Parr related topics

Hart Parr 18-36I Air Stack/Filter

Postby hhicklin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:42 pm

After reading another topic about an air stack on a HP 18-36, I have become interested in finding out more information about the stack, etc. I have a 1930 18-36 model I, and for as long as I have known the tractor (it has been in the family for years but only recently running again) there has been no air stack at all. On the carburetor, there is only the round piece that bolts on top of the bowl and sits horizontally (with a circular opening on the left side where air is taken in). This piece comes an inch or two off to the left side of the carburetor and the hole for the air is about 1.5in. wide or so. The carburetor has no air stack attachment from the carburetor. Is the tractor supposed to have some kind of air stack?

Thanks for any help/recommendations.
hhicklin

Postby 300 H&H » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:12 pm

As a fellow owner, I regret to tell you that you are missing more than just the stack. There is an air cleaner or dust separator between the carb and the intake stack. It is common if these tractor sat out side for the air cleaner to rust though, to the point it is discarded. This assembly for this reason is not a common used part to come by.

Regards, Kirk
Newer is not always better......
300 H&H

Return to Hart Parr Forum