need info on power unit

Forum for the discussion of Hart-Parr related topics

need info on power unit

Postby bevestockton » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:04 pm

Hello all. I just got a power unit & need info & some parts. It is a model 36. What tractor used that engine? what is the HP, is there a way is know the year model? . Does anyone have any pictures that they could send for comparison? . I will need the gov weights & cover ,crank handle, glass parts & fill cap for the oiler or a good oiler. Thank-you!
bevestockton

Postby hoov » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:56 pm

Hi
IF YOUR ENGINE IS A TWO CYLINDER HART PARR IT IS A LIKELY A 36 HORSE NOT A MODEL 36. THESE ENGINES WERE MADE FROM 1927 TO 1936. 252 WERE MANUFACTURED. THE SAME ENGINE WAS USED IN THE 18-36 HART PARR TRACTORS EVEN THOUGH TRACTOR PRODUCTION ENDED BEFORE STATIONARY ENGINE PRODUCTION. THE GOVERNOR HOUSING SHOULD HAVE A NAMEPLATE INDICATING THE SERIAL NUMBER WHICH CAN BE USED TO FIND THE YEAR MANUFACTURED. THESE ENGINES HAVE A 63/4 BORE AND A 7 INCH STROKE. SUPPLIERS OF PARTS FOR THE 18-36 TRACTOR SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OUT. IF YOU GO TO DAVE PREUHS'S WEB SITE YOU CAN CLICK ON THE STATIONARY ENGINE LINK AND A 36 HORSE IS ON THE SECOND PAGE. HIS WEB SITE IS WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/HARTPARRTRACTORS/ ------ HOOV
hoov

Postby bevestockton » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:06 am

Thanks hoov, it looks like the name plate is an altered 18-36 as there is a spot before the 36 that is ground flush. was there an emblem mountered in the two hole in the radiator cover?. I am looking for a starting crank, oiler parts, and close up pics of a 36. Thanks
bevestockton

Postby hoov » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:36 pm

If your serial number on the name plate is 55078 to 55330 your serial number is in the range of the 36 horse engines. My tag looks like it was altered too. The real early 36 horse engines used a pipe plug for the radiator cap and the later ones had the wings. The wings bolted on to the radiator cap with two bolts. If you email me the serial number I can tell you the year of the engine. I may be able to help on some parts and the photos too. ------- Hoov

email djhoov@netins.net
hoov

sultan

Postby Metora06 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:17 am

Just bought a 36 hart parr oliver 70. the oil filter canister on the right side in front of the carb protrudes beyond the hood and frame. It does not have side panels, so I am wondering if the side panel will close over it. Is this the correct filter for this tractor or do I need to find another. It is round probably 5-6 inches across 4" tall that takes an element inside.
HyBriDe TEkkEN
Metora06

Return to Hart Parr Forum