Election Results

Have a question about the HPOCA? Ask our club President, and he'll do his best to get you an answer. This forum is open to everybody.

Election Results

Postby Wrenchbender » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here are the election results for President and amending the By-Laws.

Andy Blackwood 217

Jerry Ellis 85

Marc Sletten 81

The By-laws change was approved, 288 Yes, 54 No.

Thanks to all who took the time to vote. John.
Wrenchbender

Postby Oliver66 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Andy:

Congratulations on your victory!

Wishing you the best of luck on your next 2 years as President.

--Marc--
Oliver66

Re:

Postby Andy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Thanks Marc,
I look forward to working with you for the betterment of our association, and to the benefit of the members. I may be out of the loop for a day or two, I need to make a few visits and see if we can get a little better participation, or what it will take to encourage member to participate more. Among the top items on my agenda is to get an audit done, I will be seeking a CPA to take care of that. Then we can get our back against the wall, and seek a good budget, a business plan, and get some financial planning done. I will not be a happy camper until we have a reserve sufficient to cover 8 months of members benefits. Once we achieve this goal, I believe I will breathe easier, and this can be achieved. I want more members to work within the administration of our association. As one of our directors, I urge you to never forget the association is owned by the members. It is these members who by electing us, honor us with their trust. This is something we should never betray, always remember and be forefront in our dealings. I will be getting together with each of the Officers and Directors in the near future, seeking easier ways and when possible better ways to serve our members needs. Oh, hope you got lots of T-shirts, kids sizes especially, we have Coralville, and Louisville coming up soon. I'll get with you to try and work out the logistics soon.
Take care!!!!
Andy
Andy

Postby calvin innes » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:53 pm

ANDY!
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WIN! I AM SURE YOU WILL DO THE CLUB PROUD! BEST OF LUCK.
CAL
calvin innes

Postby 39LC » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Congratulations Andy, I know your heart is in the right place!

And to the other contenders, Jerry and Marc, thanks for throwing your hat in the ring. Your input and leadership in the past is appreciated and will be appreciated in the future.

Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby edchainsaw » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:26 pm

congradulations Andy

it looks like I will not get to meet you at Coralville as I thought... my aunt's declared that sunday "CHRISTMAS" and we're suppose to be there NO excuses since her son is drivng in from Memphis and the rest of us are only 20miles away.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:17 pm

Hey Eddie,
I guess I'll just have to come to Coralville via Houston, so that I can declare Saturday to be New Years day and you will have to be there.
Take care!!!
Andy
Andy

Postby edchainsaw » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks Andy but aunt jane's moved mountains to get her grandkids and son up and her and dad's sister to THINK she might make it... I cant let her down...
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Return to Ask the HPOCA President