ANDYS PROMISE

Have a question about the HPOCA? Ask our club President, and he'll do his best to get you an answer. This forum is open to everybody.

ANDYS PROMISE

Postby massey98990 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:31 am

john why wasnt andy given the position he was promissed? looks as tho hpoca is all 1 chapter now
massey98990

Re: massey98990

Postby Andy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Hey,
Hope you are doing well. It doesn't matter, at this point in time. My goal has never been to hold position, it has always been to make our association better, to provide a fair and equal playing field for each and every member. Position is just one tool in a vast array of available tools, I can work around it. I do encourage each and every member to run for positions as they become available, and to volunteer to serve on committees. A good member will also voice their opinion at the ballot box, I do, every chance I get!!!
President Hume did ask if I would fill that vacancy, it is one of his jobs to find members to fill vacancies, I told him I would, and integrate the duties into the interim Membership and Chapter Coordination committee. The Executive committee makes the final decision on filling these vacancies, obviously they didn't agree with the President. Yes, I was upset with their decision, and yes, I know whose decision it was. But, I have some very good friends in unusual places, that give good advice and encouragement. Being a person of military bearing, I know you can't fight a battle without getting out on the battlefield, and if one is willing to do so, one can expect to get bloodied from time to time, but, not one war was ever won by walking away from a fight. My intention is not to lose, but, to win! My cause is fairness, equality, and justice for all members, it will prevail!!!
Man, do I ever understand your concern over the board being side loaded toward one special interest group, that is just about all I have been hearing lately. President Hume gave me the duty of addressing some technical issues, I suppose I will need to bring up technical issues that I wasn't going to do, but, now should be addressed. Of course, I will be working thru a committee of members in good standing, which is a good thing!
Don't be too hard on John, he is doing as well as can be expected, under the conditions he is working, he will do better at time moves along. He does put in an enormous amount of time meeting members, and hearing their concerns. Probably half the time or better he mans our booth, that doesn't count the amount of time he spends in meetings, or working behind the scenes to make a successful show!!!

Hey, have a great day anyhow, I will!!!!
Andy
Andy

Postby edchainsaw » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:05 pm

thank you ANDY for that
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Re:

Postby Andy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:54 am

Hey Eddie,
Your welcome, always! Never forget, elected position are those of service, the purpose is to serve the society. Often there are those whose head swells up to the point that they believe the opposite is reality, and they are the masters. I sincerely hope if something like that was to happen to me, which I seriously doubt, someone will walk up and slap me hard enough to wake me up!!! It is an honor to serve, honorable things should be taken seriously, and kept in their proper perspective!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Andy
Andy

Postby edchainsaw » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:38 pm

I am in total agreement with you Andy... I've been given that responsibility in the "other green" local club. with this situation I aint sure what to do to keep it going... plenty of espree de' corp but the corp is well kinda hiding.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

andys promise

Postby massey98990 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:10 pm

well andy thanks for answering but i didnt know that you had became president it has been over a month now and i would have thought john would have to some prevail i quess he ha s been in bed with the rest of the board and caught the no answer ( TERRY ALLEN ) symptoms
massey98990

Re:

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:39 pm

Hey Massey 98990,
No, I am not President except for our chapter, nor do I pretend to be. I did talk to John after I posted an answer to your question. I'll let you know I was reluctant to be the person to answer you, but since I was involved in your post, it was appropriate to give you my perspective on the situation. In my discussion with John, he noted that he had seen these posts, and felt there was little that he could add. We also discussed at length the hay business. Hay is the primary crop both of us are involved with. I expect in the next few weeks we will both be busy with farming operations. This is the time of the year to apply soil nutrients, as for me, I also need to do some tillage and planting. John usually does some replanting also, I am sure he will be doing some this year, as we were talking about some alfalfa I will be planting next fall, and he is interested in the cost effectiveness of that variety. He is also concerned over storage, inventory, and marketing his hay. That is sort of a balancing point. You want all the previous years hay to be sold at about the same time as you cut this years crop. That way your customers get a good steady supply, and there is no left over crop. It is better to keep customers needs in mind, and have them return for the new crop every year. I know John has been hauling out a lot of hay this Spring.
Next time I call him, I'll speak of your concern.
Take care!!!
Andy
Andy

Postby Wrenchbender » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:50 am

Yes Massey98990, I am still alive and no I haven't caught the mum's the word syndrome.

At the time of your first post I had some serious family issues to deal with, and by the time I could respond Andy already had and answered what took place pretty well. I did talk with Andy and has he said really had no more to explain.

John.
Wrenchbender

andys promise

Postby massey98990 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:46 pm

well thankyou to both of you for answering and john sorry to hear of family problems just thought it had been a little long and after all this is ask the president forum you could have said andy said it all or just some response. and Andy to you or john my exsperiance with alfalfa is on a new seeding dont short the N even tho it is a legume it needs it to get going even after it is a astaplished stand we put on 30 lbs in the spring when spraying herbcides on it makes for better early growth and 4 cuttings turn to 5 for the year and keep those p and k s up there with the 6.8 ph we grow about 250 acres for your dairy heard on the new seedings we put about 80 p s of n at 40 cents thats 32$ well spent money for the price of seed now.
massey98990

Return to Ask the HPOCA President