HPO

Have a question about the HPOCA? Ask our club President, and he'll do his best to get you an answer. This forum is open to everybody.

HPO

Postby uncledu » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:59 pm

:D John I thought the get together went well and had a great time. I wish I would have thought to ask you about the HPO project in more detail while we were all there. Do we have a mission statement a business plan and all the other things that will crop up since now it seems there is a chance serious money will become available in the future. Just some stuff I thought of on the way home. Good luck Uncle Du
uncledu

Postby Wrenchbender » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:23 am

Hi Duane,

I enjoyed visiting with You, Bill and Justin.

The HPO had a short meeting. It was mainly for a little reorganization. Being elected president automatically put me on the HPO board. I asked Terry Allen to continue on the board because he has been the link between HPOCA and the groups we have been working with. This made for one too many members so we had to approve changing the make up of the board.

To answer your question, no vision statement, time-frame, or location has been put down on paper at this time. I heard from several members, like you, that believe the museum idea is a worthy goal but they are having a hard time getting behind something that is not tangible.

It's kind of a which came first; "The chicken or the egg?" situation in that we need to raise money to get some things planned and on paper, and yet it's hard to raise money if there's no plan.

There will be some information on the HPO in the next issue of the magazine. Hopefully it will shed some light on things.

Hope that helps some, John.
Wrenchbender

Postby edchainsaw » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:36 pm

as for my problems with the HPO has been I aint seen any "vision" or list of ideas even.. thats Mostly my fault I know. but I know others have that same thought.
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Return to Ask the HPOCA President