Winter Get Together

Have a question about the HPOCA? Ask our club President, and he'll do his best to get you an answer. This forum is open to everybody.

Winter Get Together

Postby Andy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:44 am

Hey, President Hume,
Congratulations on a job well done!!! The show went well, and there is beginnings of more members becoming active in our organization. I would encourage you continue your work in getting members to become active in serving on committees as well as elected positions. I have always felt that a person can be part of a problem, or part of the solution, by participation in the organization, one becomes part of the solution, which can be very rewarding.
Have a great day!!!
Andy
Andy

Thanks Andy

Postby Wrenchbender » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:30 am

I thought things went really well. I heard several comments on the overall organization of the whole weekend.

The Midwest Oliver Collectors did a GREAT job!!!

Other than my lack of public speaking ability, I was very well pleased.

I'm glad to see Harley Dog is getting some exposure!

Thanks to all who came and participated, John
Wrenchbender

Postby 39LC » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:32 pm

I was equally impressed when handed an envlope containing a schedule of events for the entire event when I arrived. Every morning the days events were posted in the main lobby and all scheduled events occured at the perscribed time.
It was well thought out and equally as important, carried out. Lots of "atta boys and girls" for all that contributed to the event.
Larry Coltrin
39LC

Postby edchainsaw » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:54 pm

I sure wanted to go but No one would even consider taking in my dog for 2 days. so what all did I miss? :)
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Postby Wrenchbender » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:34 am

Hi Eddie,

I wish you could have been there.

Parts and merchandise vendors both Fri and Sat. Parts and memorabilia auction Fri night.

Seminars on sheet metal repair and toy tractor collecting.

Bus tour to see the Meeker collection.

Banquet with guest speakers and "Fun" auction Sat night.

And overall good fellowship with other Hart-Parr/Oliver collectors.

I hope you can make the Summer Show. Don't be afraid to bring your dog along, Harley could use some company.

John
Wrenchbender

Postby edchainsaw » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:38 pm

I was seriously considering packing PARKER up and heading west -- then I rembered Parker dont like trucks--- jumps at them when she's riding right across your arms on the steering wheel... LOL
EDDIE

...now that the election is over, may not all, having a common interest, reunite in a common effort, to save our common country?
A. Lincoln 1864
edchainsaw

Return to Ask the HPOCA President