Handouts at the Winter Get Together

Have a question about the HPOCA? Ask our club President, and he'll do his best to get you an answer. This forum is open to everybody.

Handouts at the Winter Get Together

Postby Bill Brandt » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:38 pm

John:

Some of my brothers and I can't read too fast and a couple of us comprehend even slower than we read. So do you think it would be possible to have copies of any handouts that are going to be used at the membership meeting available when we check in? A little extra time to study up would be nice.

Since not everyone has a computer and probably won't bring their copy of the Nov/Dec issue of the magazine with the summary of the new by-laws, could some copies of the by-laws also be available?

Bill Brandt

PS When I suggested that Chris set up this forum I did not envision that you would become the HPOCA replacement for Ann Landers.
Bill Brandt

Postby Wrenchbender » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:11 pm

Hi Bill,

That's the sort of thing I've had in mind all along. Have the treasurer's report, minutes from previous meetings, agenda for the membership meeting, by-law changes, special reports, ect. available before-hand. Let everyone have time to review.

My only concern is having enough copies and not too many printed up. It would be nice to have a simple copy machine to run them off as needed. Anyone have any ideas?

John
Wrenchbender

Postby Bill Brandt » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:24 pm

John:

The convention center will probably have a copy machine, don't know what they would charge to use it. As far as numbers go, I'd check with Midwest Oliver Collectors and see how many members have signed up. I'd make that many copies and try and have them at the registration desk. I know all of the members won't be going to the meeting, but it will be good for them to have the information anyway.

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt

Re:

Postby Andy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:29 am

Hey John, and Bill,
I think that figure would be way too high. 25 to50% would be closer. I figured 100 copies for the bylaws proposal at Madison, and based it on a percentage of banquet ticket sales, then added 25 or 50 copies, just in case. I think it was slightly over 100 that was handed out. You might be able to cut costs by printing on both sides, but then nobody could write on the blank side.
Take care!!!
Andy
Andy

Re:

Postby Andy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:19 am

Hey John,
Perhaps you would want to check with Sparky, we have a contingency fund, and he could tell you how much money is in it. If you are comfortable with that amount, and feel it is sufficient to buy a copier, and cover any unexpected expenses, there would be nothing to keep the President from allocating from his contingency. Contingency funds are normally under the control of the President in most organizations, I can find no reason to believe we would be any different. If we can protect a copier, keep it clean and maintained, it would sure be handy. Someone is always needing to copy documents at our shows, then it puts us in the position of dealing with a stingy desk clerk, who will give copies, but not enough. Or, like I dealt with at Madison, the big event is in town, and that is exactly where everyone is, not in the quick print store. So, it takes some driving around to get the job done. I logged on about 90 miles out there, and finally found an office furniture store, the clerk had just stopped by before going to the show, and I lucked out in catching her. But, when I mentioned that was for our association, she was happy to charge me to make the copies, the high point was she organized and stapled the pages at no charge. If you are going to make copies at a show, and depend on the locals, expect to jump thru hoops. You might not need to, but you should expect too, something about 'Murphy's Law'!
The down side of owning our equipment is someone will need to keep it working, so, you should find a member with this ability, and willingness to take it on. Those sort of things are not maintenance free.
I did get our PA amplifier repaired yesterday, I found some parts for the terminals, that would work on the original terminal strips. Had to do some trimming, but they work like new now. We won't need to use rocks to hold the speaker wires in!!! Sometimes you just need to be smarter than the rocks!!!!LOL I'll try to bring it to Louisville!
Oh, by the way, how many of these fine folks are going to put their money where their mouth is and show up to help you out at Louisville?
Take it easy!!!
Andy

Oh, tell whoever hooks up that amp to push down on the terminals, NOT in, that is what broke them in the first place.
Andy

handouts at the winter get together

Postby 77 farmer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:41 am

Hey,
I'm in charge of the registration table at Moline. We are putting together around 300 packets which will include area brochures along with an agenda of the weekend events. We are getting to the hotel an wednesday if you want me to add the other items to the packets. Registration table will open friday morning located near the venders.
You can call me at
815-865-5028
Brad Ward
Vice President
Midwest Oliver Collectors

A copier will be available by the hotel at a fee.
Our club has had good luck with one of those 4 in 1 color copiers, they are reasonably priced($200-$400) and can be used with a computer or as a stand alone copier. They are small enough to be portable. I would think you could keep it in the vending trailer.
Just a thought
77 farmer

Return to Ask the HPOCA President