Hart Parr #3

Have a question about the HPOCA? Ask our club President, and he'll do his best to get you an answer. This forum is open to everybody.

Postby carrothead » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:07 am

This whole story has a familiar ring to it. It seems that a couple of antique clubs up here in Alberta had an arguement over a steam engine.The steam engine was found at an old sawmill sight northwest of Edmonton.The Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin tried to lay claim to as well as another person.Rather than fight over it for the next twenty plus years, they all got together and came to an agreement.The steam engine is now sitting at the Westlock Tractor Museum.No big arguement going on and everyone seems happy with the agreement. This is my understanding of the situation and I could very well have some of the story wrong.I am just going on what I have been told.
My point is this.From my understanding of what I have read about the Hart Parr #3, you have a group of people arguing over where it should make it's final resting place.It shouldn't have a final resting place at all.
I believe that all parties involved should get together and come up with a scheduled program of display,transport,and proper storage.Having everyone pitch in and give credit to those who from day one have been involved with it would be more productive than arguing over it.
History is not something to be fought about,preserve it and present it to the public so that future generations can see where they came from.
I know that I don't have all the facts on this,but I had to come forward with my idea.It pains me as a young man of 41 to see our history dealt with in such a manner.It doesn't matter what side of the border we are on,we are all Americans.We should all be acting in a proud and noble manner instead of like kids in a sand box playing "my daddy can whip your daddy."
Again I apologize for sticking my nose in,but I think that with more common sense and level heads you fellas can come to a workable solution.
carrothead

Postby Wrenchbender » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:00 am

Carrothead, Thank you for your involvement and ideas!

I think the idea of having the tractor on a schedule for display makes good sense. Having it on display for many years at one place limits it's exposure to the public.

John
Wrenchbender

Postby lugamatic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:50 pm

last time I checked it was 80:1
lugamatic

Re:

Postby Andy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Well, lugamatic,
Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lay. It was a 'learning experience', 'nuf said.
Take care,
Andy
Andy

Postby oliver950 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 pm

the #3 it should go to Charles City in a good home permenatly, for Oliver enthusites to view.
Gordon
oliver950

Postby helitS » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:04 pm

I would like to take bad penny off your hand for a while.. LOL
just awhile
Good life of peace

diablo 3 power leveling
<a>Diablo 3 Items</a>
<a>Diablo 3 Gold</a>
helitS

Previous

Return to Ask the HPOCA President