brake housing seals part numbers

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

brake housing seals part numbers

Postby lolligagger » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:32 pm

I pulled the brake housing out of my 1650, there are two seals that sit in the groves of the housing a black and a white seal. can someone post me the part numbers so I may be able to find these please? thanks Lolligagger
lolligagger

Postby John Schwiebert » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:03 am

Well I hope you are talking about the left housing. There is only 1 seal in the Housing. I think the seals you are talking about are actually the O-ring and Teflon seal that are located in one of the grooves in the bull pinion that seal the pressure lube to the differential. These seals are not used on the right side. Please explain a little more.
John Schwiebert

Postby lolligagger » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 am

Hey john, I've been away from it a few months just getting time to work on it again. I was thinking there were seals on both sides. Why would there not be?thin black seal about round as a coffee can. You've got me thinking as to why no seal on right side?
lolligagger

Postby John Schwiebert » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:44 pm

The Teflon seals and the O-rings are to seal the oil pressure on the left side that lubes the differential. On the right side you don't need that so you have a seal on the inside of the housing and the black O-ring that seals the housing to the transmission case.
John Schwiebert

Return to Oliver Forum