Looking to buy an Oliver 77 Row Crop

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

Looking to buy an Oliver 77 Row Crop

Postby gilly_the_kid » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and looking for advice on purchasing my first Oliver. I live in southwest Virginia and it's a 2 hour drive to the Oliver. So I had planned on taking cash and my trailer since it's so far away. I'm going to look at it 2 days from now but figured id try this to possibly get a reply. No one in my family has ever owned an Oliver probably because our tractors were always 3rd hand and we couldn't afford an Oliver in the day. If I buy it, it will be for parades and shows. It wont see any work at all. What are some things to look for, inspect, and avoid aside from the more common tractors. In the listing he stated it was a 1957, but I believe he meant 1947 since they weren't made in 1957. Good paint, 12v system, runs perfect, new rear tires, decent front tires, fenders are good, sheet metal is good minus a few tiny dings on the hood. He described the dings as very minor hail damage. So maybe those wouldn't be too hard to fix. Its a straight 6 gas also. I will include pictures if it lets me. Anyways, I've talked him down to $2,500. There is a couple of Oliver 77's within a hundred or so miles listed for $2,000 that look like they need quiet a bit of work, so this one stuck out to me. Any info or help is much appreciated!!! Thank you and God bless
Attachments
oliver1.jpg
oliver1.jpg (52.8 KiB) Viewed 895 times
1944 Farmall H
1952 Ford 8N
gilly_the_kid

Return to Oliver Forum