Brand new Oliver 1355 owner

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

Brand new Oliver 1355 owner

Postby PA Oliver 1355 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:32 am

Hello all! My Dad and I just purchased an Oliver 1355 Diesel with a loader last week.

Dad farmed until the mid 80s, and I have some tractor experience...but it's mostly with small Deere tractors and a David Brown.

We have some manuals en route via snail mail, but I was hoping to see if I could get some professional help ahead of them arriving.

Dad pulled a dipstick from the under the seat, and it wasn't showing any fluid on it. We are trying to find out where to fill the fluid and what type of fluid to use.

I have been doing some research and most stuff I have found says Auto Tranny Fluid for this tank. Do we add at the dipstick or is there another spot?

Also...any information on the hydraulic oil? Capacity and fluid specs?

Thanks very much in advance for any and all help you can offer!! We are very much looking forward to putting this tractor to work (mostly lighter duty stuff - bush hogging, plowing snow with 3pt blade, planting food plots for wildlife, etc).

Thanks!
Heath
PA Oliver 1355

Postby John Schwiebert » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Oh boy, the dipstick I remember is located in the transmission cover. The transmission and the hydraulic unit use the same oil. Maybe I can find an operators manual tomorrow.
John Schwiebert

Postby PA Oliver 1355 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:01 pm

John - your memory is correct. I got my signals crossed with Dad. The dipstick is on top of the transmission cover behind the gear stick. He found a possible fill hole under the seat. My mistake.

Thanks very much for looking for the manual!
PA Oliver 1355

Return to Oliver Forum