Oliver garden tractors value questions

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

Oliver garden tractors value questions

Postby scootergmc » Mon May 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Hello-

I have an older friend of mine (non-internet savvy) who is looking at parting with some of the equipment his amassed over his years now that he's retired. He has a lot of Oliver tractors, including a few garden tractors. Nothing is in what I would deem expo/show quality. I offered to go online and find approximate values, which is why I joined and I'm here. I occasionally dabble in the dark magic of converting money into old wheeled iron and coming out with less money on the other side :shock:, so I'm not unfamiliar to the world of old iron/equipment/engines. I told him I'd start with the garden tractors. He has the following:

Olivers:
105 (x4)
125g

I know the 145 runs/drives. I'm not too sure of the others, but I believe they either run or will run with a little tinkering. He has mowers, a plow, possibly some extra tin, manuals and possibly other paperwork, maybe some other attachments. He has two more garden tractors but they are White (I believe the equivalent of the Oliver 75 GT) 8hp???? He also has a Ford LGT 165 with I think a mower and tiller. I know they were all made by Jacobsen for a very short period.

So any help is appreciated. Range of value is appreciated. I will try and get some pics of the tractors. I know there is a large garden tractor forum, but I figured I'd start here. I will probably end up posting over there as well as they seem to get a lot of traffic. Thanks for the forum and thanks in advance for the help.
scootergmc

Value

Postby 560Dennis » Sun May 31, 2015 9:05 am

Well at Auction ,i have attended with limited knowledge ,and seeing no olivers
Most tractors go for 75 to 200 not running .
According to tractor data Oliver were built in 1972 only. They were manufactured by Jacobson, which were hardy (also Ford lawn tractors) so parts are available.
This a rare but not rare cosmetic lawn tractor that says Oliver
Your asking prices are wide open , how bad do you want to get ride of them.
Also your market you are selling to is limited to a few . Ask as much as you can but be careful your price in not based a sentimental feelings.

I really hope this helps you , that's why I commented good luck , let us know how you do , thanks
560Dennis

Postby scootergmc » Sun May 31, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for the reply. I received some pretty good info on the garden tractor forum. Seems they're fairly valuable to the right collector, which can be hard to find out here on the west coast.
scootergmc

Return to Oliver Forum