Super 55 problems

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

Super 55 problems

Postby JeffC » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Hello I am new here and I just bought anew oliver super 55. There are acouple issues.
First, it idles high. I can adjust it down but it goes back up. I had to connect a spring to the arm on the carb to keep it from creeping back up

Second and scary issue is, there is a grinding noise when the tractor is in reverse. It happens mostly in r2 especially uphill. Thank you in advance
JeffC

Postby John Schwiebert » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:43 am

Well how about a serial number as there were a few changes in the governor? Next have you drained the final drive compartments and found in metal in the oil? You will probably need to take the hydraulic unit off and look in there/ Do you have a parts book or a service manual?
John Schwiebert

Postby JeffC » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:18 am

I have ordered an operator's manual. This tractor was repainted and the serial number plate was painted over. The numbers on the block has '55 on it and this tractor has a long pto handLe so I am assuming that it is a '56? I did take the top plate off and I found that the left shifter rod was broke in half. Also the hydraulic oil is low and really watery. I am going to open all three drain plugs and inspect the oil.

As for the carburetor issue, it is the linkage that runs to the governor.
Thanks
JeffC

Postby John Schwiebert » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am

One How much wear is in the governor arm and the linkage? Two have you remove the governor and inspected it? Three, if their is no wear in the linkage have you adjusted the governor over-travel?
John Schwiebert

Return to Oliver Forum