oliver 80 clutch question ?

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

oliver 80 clutch question ?

Postby RustyRelics UK » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, I have added a 1943 Oliver 80 Standard to my tractor collection which I picked up recently. The serial no. 810001. It has been restored a few years back but I would like to perfect it. The tractor has had new sheet metal work, new front tyres and a new rad core. I am going to replace the bearings in the steering box, replace the steering wheel and treat the fuel tanks to some tank sealer as they have internal rust issues clogging the fuel bowl filter. My tractor had the big square kero manifold (all the war time imports I've seen had this) on when I bought it and it was patched up all over and thin in places. I got a new manifold from Rosewood in Ohio but now I need the spacer piece between the carb and manifold. I have read during research that this part is 2" tall is this correct ??

My question regarding the clutch is ... the pedal has excessive free play and the clutch only operates rite at the very bottom when pressed hard down. Is this due to worn linings or bad adjustment ?
I have noticed the clutch adjustment fork on the bell housing looks to be already wound outwards ! ... Making me think its worn clutch linings

Any input appreciated
Carl Hargreaves
RustyRelics UK

Postby RustyRelics UK » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:51 pm

here is a LINK to a picture of the tractor in question ...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11106397001 ... 8410088464

The picture is to large or something for the server and I don't know how to re-size it ?

Carl Hargreaves
RustyRelics UK

Postby SwenNilsson » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:28 pm

As to the spacer you mention between the manifold and the carb, that is a hard one to find. I needed the very same part on my 1942 80 Row Crop. After I couldn't find one, I had a local mechanic here in Minnesota fabricate one. You are correct that that the height from top to bottom is 2 inches.
SwenNilsson

Postby RustyRelics UK » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:54 am

Hi there,
Thanks for the advice.

Carl Hargreaves
RustyRelics UK

Postby SwenNilsson » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:59 pm

By the way, your 80 Standard looks terrific!
SwenNilsson

Return to Oliver Forum