Oliver Tractors by T. Herbert Morrell - Back in Print

Forum for the discussion of Oliver related topics.

Oliver Tractors by T. Herbert Morrell - Back in Print

Postby Js64514 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi,

I wanted to inform you that Octane Press will be publishing Oliver Tractors on September 1. This first-hand account by Oliver's chief engineer T. Herbert Morrell, provides readers with intimate insight on how some of the most collectible Oliver tractors were designed, produced and sold. As always, I would be happy to send you a copy for review. The press release is pasted below for your convenience.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

With best regards,

Tobi

--
Tobias Gros
Octane Press
tobias@octanepress.com
512 334 9441

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 08/20/2012

Oliver Chief Engineer T. Herbert Morrell’s Narrative History is Now Back in Print

Oliver Tractors

Oliver Tractors by T. Herbert Morrell provides an intimate and first-hand account of how some of the most collectible Oliver tractors were designed, produced and sold. The best-known Oliver farm tractors were built between 1944 and 1970, including the Fleetline series—the model 66, 77 and 88. This book provides a detailed, behind-the-scenes look at how these tractors were conceived and built from one of their foremost designers. The text has appeared previously in the book Oliver Farm Tractors (Motorbooks, Sep. 1997), and this updated rendition brings this important piece of agricultural history to enthusiasts in a hardbound narrative format.

About the Author

T. Herbert Morrell began working for the Oliver Corporation as a design engineer in 1944, working his way up to the position of chief engineer by 1951. During his time with Oliver’s engineering department, Morrell played a key role in the development of the Fleetline tractors, power take-off, and the testing of the experimental XO-121 tractor. He remained with Oliver until 1970. As a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and a Fellow of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, Morrell was especially interested in the safety of agricultural equipment and served for many years on the safety standards committees of the SAE, ASAE, and the American National Standards Institute. In spite of his declining health, he worked very hard to finish this book. The manuscript was completed September 29, 1996. T. Herbert Morrell passed away three days later.

Book Info

Oliver Tractors

A Chief Engineer's Account — 1940–1970

T. Herbert Morrell

ISBN: 978-1-937747-10-7

Publisher: Octane Press

Publication date: 09/01/2012

Price: $50.00

For media information on Oliver Tractors or Octane Press, please contact Tobias Gros, tobias@octanepress.com, 512.334.9441.
Js64514

Postby John Schoenauer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:56 pm

This is a very good book I recently finished reading it. I can recommend it to anyone who wants more information about how and why our favorite tractors were designed and built.
Thanks
John Schoenauer
John Schoenauer

Return to Oliver Forum